Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mirror relocation brackets

Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror relocation brackets

Anybody ever run Rugged Ridge relocation brackets?

I looked at a couple of other ones on Quadratec but was told they whistle when going down the road. So I'm thinking of these and am really attracted by the price. I've also thought about Outlaw mirrors, but the price is a bit steep.

Any thoughts or suggestions on some economically viable solutions?

I probably won't run with the doors off much, but will for sure once summer gets here. I have an agreement with my wife to keep the roof and doors on when she or my daughter are along for the ride. I guess we'll be taking her car a bunch this summer.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

"Whistleing" while you drive is the least of your worries, haha.... In my opinion, they SUCK. You can't see SHIT outta your passenger mirror when the doors are on...and im not exagerating. You really can't see anything...you get like a glimpse of the car and it's a crap shoot if you wanna take a chance and switch lanes or turn, etc. With the doors off, great... and no real whistleing either...

Not sure of any other relocation mounts that would give better visibility, but I am open to suggestions.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have those for when the doors come off. I use the stock ones with the doors. I can see the RR mirrors fine with the doors on but the problem I encountered is the door hitting the mirror and moving it when it is opened.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by gtrman33
I have those for when the doors come off. I use the stock ones with the doors. I can see the RR mirrors fine with the doors on but the problem I encountered is the door hitting the mirror and moving it when it is opened.
How are you able to see fine out of your passenger mirror? I find it hard to believe when I maybe have an inch of viewable mirror whatever angle I have the mirror. Yea, there is the issue with the door opening and hitting the mirror, but that I can deal with...the fact I cant see crapola doesn't fly with me...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

I should probably clarify...when the doors go on, I'll obviously take off the extras and go with the stock. I have no intention of relocating the stock mirrors. Too much of a pain in the ass.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chris M
I should probably clarify...when the doors go on, I'll obviously take off the extras and go with the stock. I have no intention of relocating the stock mirrors. Too much of a pain in the ass.
The brackets are fine then. They do what they are intended for...to hold a set of mirrors other than your stock ones. Some people just get the smaller mirrors and run with both on... I think it looks a little weird tho, haha
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Rather than taking the "crap shoot" approach described in an earlier post, look over your right shoulder before making that turn.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeepnDude
Rather than taking the "crap shoot" approach described in an earlier post, look over your right shoulder before making that turn.
I was making light of it my friend, I know to look over my shoulder....thanks for the driving school tip of the day, haha
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

LOL ok sorry to be "that guy"... It's just that a LOT of ppl where I live seem not to know these basic kinds of things. Cheers!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

No harm done... just wanted to make it clear I don't condone poor driving technique, haha

Quick Reply: Mirror relocation brackets