Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

mini phantom

Old 01-30-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah as other's have said it varies state to state.
Here volunteer firefighters run blue, chief officers run red and white, EMTs run green. The cops run all three colors depending on where on the vehicle.

It is amazing to watch people who are totally oblivious to emergency vehicles
and the laws.
I am a career firefighter/driver, volunteer before getting hired, total time in fire service just over 25 yrs,
and it always amazes us how idiotic people are. Simple, when you see an emergency vehicle coming pull to the right as far as you can.
The same idiot who won't pull over is the same idiot who when it is their emergency they ask, "what took you so long".
Off my soap box now.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by voodoojk
red is for official emergency vehicles..the actual fire truck/ambulance etc....blue lights are what firefighters use in personal vehicles... red is onlyu used on personal vehicles for those who are officers of the fire dept.
Originally Posted by 08 rubi
how does traffic move for you jkfireman? any other firefighters with blue or red lightsd out there or even emts and your green lights post pics
Originally Posted by saltman
That must vary from state to state. All the volunteers here have red lights. I have never seen anyone use blue except for police.
it is a regional thing, and does vary from State to State.

For instance, in VA... Red/White/Yellow combination are for Fire/Rescue/Ambulance use (Generally Red/White facing forward, Red/Yellow facing rear... but any combo is ok). § 46.2-1023

Red/Blue or Blue alone is for use by Police. IE, city police in my area are all blue, County is Red/Blue, and State Troopers use Blue only. § 46.2-1022

Vols are allowed a total of two flashing/alternating/rotating/etc lights in the Red/Red or Red/White combo, pursuant to Virginia Law § 46.2-1024

(EVOC instructor, this was on part of my test)

Certain areas within the state, though, discourage use by vols... ie, I'm allowed to have them, per state law, and in my old running area, we did Home Response. However, in more urban/suburban areas such as where I'm at now (see profile to left) we do not do home response.

This is similar in NC, as previously mentioned... but I've also noticed that in PA it is quite different, blue lights for vol, FD, etc. Not sure about other states... not worried, as long as you don't try to abuse your privilege to use them.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

now to unhijack the thread....

thread is a bit dated, however,

looks cool!

Quick Reply: mini phantom