Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mickey thompson baja claws

Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Yeah- front to back and I kept a spare on the back as just that- a spare.

The old style claws weren't terrible in the rain (I put 36k miles on mine) but they added new siping to the TTC's to increase traction in the rain and snow. I didn't have problems with mine in the snow here.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Did they wear evenly? Being directional I could see an issue
Old 07-08-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

If I kept up on my rotations they would have, but I skipped a few and it bit me in the end. The actual tread level was even across all four but the front ones worked better up front.

You "could" pull the tires off and swap the lefts to the right but I didn't find it to be a justifiable cost. Also...since we don't have independent front suspension the tires don't see the heavy wear on the edges so it wasn't like I was fighting wear on the edges.

I should also note that I got them balanced once when I bought them and that was the last time they were properly balanced. I brought them home and ground some of the weight off since it conflicted with my brake calipers (thus put my freshly balanced wheels slightly out of balance) and they stayed that way until I put them onto another vehicle.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
If I kept up on my rotations they would have, but I skipped a few and it bit me in the end. The actual tread level was even across all four but the front ones worked better up front.

You "could" pull the tires off and swap the lefts to the right but I didn't find it to be a justifiable cost. Also...since we don't have independent front suspension the tires don't see the heavy wear on the edges so it wasn't like I was fighting wear on the edges.

I should also note that I got them balanced once when I bought them and that was the last time they were properly balanced. I brought them home and ground some of the weight off since it conflicted with my brake calipers (thus put my freshly balanced wheels slightly out of balance) and they stayed that way until I put them onto another vehicle.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it

Quick Reply: Mickey thompson baja claws