Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mickey thompson baja claws

Old 06-21-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VancouverRubi
Sorry that's what's I mean when I said 35 12.5 17 haha.
They are pretty expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for?
Well, not sure if they are that much better to be worth the extra cost. They are $100 more per tire than some other tires. But I have heard really good things about the TTC version of the tires. I have not run them myself.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had baja claws and toyo MTs
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

^^^^ and can compare the two.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

^^^^ and can compare the two.
It depends what your looking for to compare
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jp3792

It depends what your looking for to compare
Good point. Road noise, wear, wet traction
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Good point. Road noise, wear, wet traction
Mts are a decent tire, horrible in winter but they both are, the claws aren't as good either, mud wise the claws are a way better tire the sidewall is great, now for mts, they are a thicker sidewall allowing you to air down less, claws are noisy but it's not really much noise that you can't hear pass the wind hitting the windshield, claws in wet traction like rain, are the same way as nittos, they do kind of pull a tad bit but not really enough to notice, Toyos would be a little better. Now in my opinion claws are better but that being said you can't really go wrong with either set, claws do look a lot better, but Toyos are probably cheaper, and you get decent kms out of them, though claws you can avg 65,000 kms on, and iv seen people get 80-90,000 on toyo mts, depending the ply rating, they do ride rougher then the claws because of the thick sidewall. It's all your choice just my opinion.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jp3792

Mts are a decent tire, horrible in winter but they both are, the claws aren't as good either, mud wise the claws are a way better tire the sidewall is great, now for mts, they are a thicker sidewall allowing you to air down less, claws are noisy but it's not really much noise that you can't hear pass the wind hitting the windshield, claws in wet traction like rain, are the same way as nittos, they do kind of pull a tad bit but not really enough to notice, Toyos would be a little better. Now in my opinion claws are better but that being said you can't really go wrong with either set, claws do look a lot better, but Toyos are probably cheaper, and you get decent kms out of them, though claws you can avg 65,000 kms on, and iv seen people get 80-90,000 on toyo mts, depending the ply rating, they do ride rougher then the claws because of the thick sidewall. It's all your choice just my opinion.
Awesome, thanks for the review. I got a quote for $417 a tire with the claws (35x12.5 17). They look bad ass though.. Hmm
Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the looks and the reviews for the Baja claws TTC but I'm thinking it would be hard to rotate well due to the directional nature of this tire. Would you just keep moving front to back only on one side? What about the spare if you do a five tire rotation?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
I love the looks and the reviews for the Baja claws TTC but I'm thinking it would be hard to rotate well due to the directional nature of this tire. Would you just keep moving front to back only on one side? What about the spare if you do a five tire rotation?
I wouldn't run a spare. And I guess you just do front to back
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah- front to back and I kept a spare on the back as just that- a spare.

The old style claws weren't terrible in the rain (I put 36k miles on mine) but they added new siping to the TTC's to increase traction in the rain and snow. I didn't have problems with mine in the snow here.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quick Reply: Mickey thompson baja claws