Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MFC Carrier

Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just mounted my new gas can holder...

Since I run spareless for my daily driving and throw the spare in the back for wheeling, I decided to make a fuel can carrier for the tailgate. It's a Blitz gas can carrier mounted to a Warrior Products tailgate center plate. I sprayed it with EZ-Liner bedliner from Canadian Tire. Here it is:

Last edited by FrankTheTank; 11-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Very nice! I likey!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

if no need for a spare tire, why the extra gas????
Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now I can bring back even more cheap gas from the USA whenever I cross the border
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhxRainey
if no need for a spare tire, why the extra gas????
Read my first post again... it's all there.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

How safe would that be in a rear end collision?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cppower
How safe would that be in a rear end collision?
Short answer: Yes, they are safe. They can be run over and hit with projectiles and shrapnel and they WILL NOT EXPLODE. Where would you put one on your JK? Not the INSIDE I hope. It's the metal gas cans that pose a significant risk, and these are military grade plastic. Based on my experience, I'll only use the Scepter MFC. Here's some cut and paste product information with the web links below:

The Scepter Military Fuel Canister (MFC) was developed by Scepter to meet design and performance requirements set by the U.S. Army and Canadian Forces for leak-proof, rugged, safe, dependable and cost-effective plastic jerry canisters. Scepter has produced and delivered over one million MFCs.

They are made to military specifications and subjected to UN transport code classification tests. These canisters have proven themselves for their ruggedness and durability with options for fitting with various accessories.

The plastic construction prevents fatal explosion risk when the canisters are hit with shrapnel or projectiles; in fires eventually they may burn with the fuel, but no explosive pressures build during fires resulting in instantaneous explosions as is the case with metal fuel cans.

The Scepter Military Fuel Cans are simply the safest heavy-duty fuel can on the market today. These light weight MIL-spec fuel cans are designed to safely and securely transport auxiliary fuel. These cans meet DOT regulations as well as exceeding the United Nations Transportation of Dangerous Goods Model Regulations, the only fuel can on the market to meet these strict guidelines.

Scepter Military Fuel Cans are made out of injection molded polyethylene. This plastic derivitive ensures that the can will never rust or dent.

.sceptermilitary.com/[/url]
.sceptermilitary.com/fuel_containers/[/url]
expeditionportal.com/equipment/equipment_reviews/Scepter_Can/scepter_can.php[/url]
.pangaea-expeditions.com/scepter/index.html[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-19-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clickys please
Old 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar to mine but I kept the spare..

Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Similar to mine but I kept the spare..

I think it was your write up that gave me the idea... but my 35" spare was too heavy for the tailgate, so I just throw it in the back. Great choice on the Scepter gas can by the way.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PipeHitter
I think it was your write up that gave me the idea... but my 35" spare was too heavy for the tailgate, so I just throw it in the back. Great choice on the Scepter gas can by the way.
Yup best cans out there. Too bad you can't get em in the US anymore except Ebay.

Quick Reply: MFC Carrier