Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

mbrp exhaust install tips

Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mbrp exhaust install tips

so i just finished the install of my new mbrp exhaust and boy did it leave a ear to ear grin on my face, word on the street is that it really gets dialed in at around 2500 miles after install, just makes me wanna go on a round trip so i can hear it faster

so down to bussiness the install took me about 45 minutes do to the well written instructions.

what was left out im here to tell you.

1. wd-40 and lots of it apply on everything that needs removed bolts hangers everything 2. open the box and take stuff out
3 apply more wd-40 to everything
4. follow instructions as derected
5. when you get to the hangers with the chanels use a 15mm wrench to pry your now well lubed rubber hangers off. the ones without the washer channel use a flat head skrewdriver, works wonderfully. slip threw rubber hanger and pry like hell.
6. if step 5 does not work apply more wd-40 and then pry like hell.

once you have your old exhaust off, putting your new one on is very easy, with a little twisting tweaking moving pulling pushing of your new pipeing you can insure that it will not come into contact with anything. this is a very well designed product and does not need any modification to be installed properly.

hope that made sence, my grammer is not the best. but at least my exhaust sounds the same or better then yours
Old 06-09-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default which one?

Did you get the direct fit kit or the relocation kit?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

direct fit, less parts to worry about for a 2 dr
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Good to hear! MBRP is definitely the next mod on my wish list. Hopefully I'll get to do that this summer. Did you go stainless or aluminized?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

stainless and make sure and order early, from the sounds of it they cant make them fast enough
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

ive driven allmost none stop the last few hrs after install everyone got a ride somewhere if they wanted one or not.

i forgot part of my review gotta raise my hat to dave at northridge for the hookup and mbrp for making a quility product
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

day 2 results. even with being a little under geared i noticed a little pick up in her step yesterday while driving home.

i did have a question for you others out there with this exhaust, what intakes if any are you running. this little power boost has got me thinking im switching back to my 33s and getting an intake but id like to get one that complaments the sound of the mbrp. anyone??????????
Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

We ran a K&N intake on our JK back in 2008, worked well. I'm sure there are a number of guys on here who can fill you in on what worked best for them. Glad to hear you like your new MBRP exhaust though. We are building them as quickly as we can!

Steve
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

well keep up the good work i have gotten many complements in it so far

does any one have a video of of any intake with the mbrp exhaust?

Quick Reply: mbrp exhaust install tips