Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust+AirRaid CAI Video With Sound

Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysj0GTDB1V0
I'm betting a set of gears will wake up your acceleration. I thought my heavy 33s were bad, but it pulls a hell of a lot harder than yours. Sounds good though... what MBRP exhaust is it?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi

When you say droning sound, you mean the sound the exhaust makes when 'Cruising' at a steady speed?
Well kinda........A lot of V8s with after market exhausts were notorious for getting a sound (drone), usually a fairly low tone, that at a certain rpms would just rattle your brain. I don't think a lot of 6s have this problem but depending on the exhaust, it can happen. Believe me, if you had that certain type of exhaust and happened to find just the right rpm.....YOU'D KNOW IT.....!!!! It wouldn't really bother you on short drives, but on a long drive with that continuous "drone" it could really drive ya nuts.... If you look around on the forum, you'll see others refer to it from time to time.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha, you sure your not spending all your tuition on your Jeep??!
I'm really trying my best not to. I have a gallon jar, half way full with $ change. Loaded with quarters and stuff, not just nickels and pennies. Last year without any quarters at all, the total was just over $200 now add a ton of quarters and $1 bills. Plus i have $75 burried in there somewhere

tires, exhaust, seat covers, shocks, CAI, BW flat flares....
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan L
I'm betting a set of gears will wake up your acceleration. I thought my heavy 33s were bad, but it pulls a hell of a lot harder than yours. Sounds good though... what MBRP exhaust is it?
Ya, gears... its time and money.

in the video that is pedal down.

The Exhaust is :

MBRP Installer Series Aluminized Cat Back Exhaust System
For 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door with 3.8L V6 Engine

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17605_1204_07.htm

My opinion, this cat back isn't loud enough for my liking.

OPPS, I EDITED MY POST. I HAVE THE STANDARD ALUMINUM CAT BACK. NOT THE "OFF-ROAD" edition.

and YES, the offroad will sound louder and make a difference in sound. Ask MBRP.

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 09-14-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

do you think there is a difference between the "off road" version and the regular version as for sound? and can you take a picture of where the off road version ends according to the axle and other stuff under the Jeep?

- Yamaha90
Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro_Girl
do you think there is a difference between the "off road" version and the regular version as for sound? and can you take a picture of where the off road version ends according to the axle and other stuff under the Jeep?

- Yamaha90
Yamaha90,

Yes there is a difference between the two in sound. I have the Regular version.

The louder one will be the "Off-Road" edition according to MBRP.

See the "Off-Road" muffler here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=MBRP+Off-Road

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 09-14-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Nice! thank you for the video. you know, i think that is a lot louder than mine, especially since i can't hear my intake until im over 3k rpms. you have a manual, correct?

Which model exhaust do you have again? I think I can hear it. as opposed to mine, i can't hear it at all!
I have the standard exit alumnized version. This is with the hard top on, blower off, on a 2 door.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan L
I was not giving it gas. Mine can get up and go if needed. I tend to shift at 2,500 to 3,000. I was just merely showing the sound off. When I stepped on the gas, I didn't downshift. That noise is just the result of the gas pedal being depressed at 4th gear at 55-60 mph.

EDIT: oops - saw that this was for pluke.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I was not giving it gas. Mine can get up and go if needed. I tend to shift at 2,500 to 3,000. I was just merely showing the sound off. When I stepped on the gas, I didn't downshift. That noise is just the result of the gas pedal being depressed at 4th gear at 55-60 mph.

EDIT: oops - saw that this was for pluke.
the brute force does sound like it makes for a better tone.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone know how to play the video via the forum, like by clicking a thumbnail on this thread?
click the "insert video" button and paste in your url link

and it sounds sweet!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysj0GTDB1V0

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust+AirRaid CAI Video With Sound