Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust

Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
You are noticing condensation dripping from the joints. They will seal up after you put some miles on the Jeep. On the standard system the tip should sit no more than an inch past the rear bumper. Gas mileage is a direct reflection of how the vehicle is driven...How many tanks have you put through the jeep since you added the exhaust?
I have only driven one tank of gas since adding it.I cut 2" off the exit elbow to make the tip stick out 1/2" or so past the bumper.I will try a couple more tank fulls and let you guys know my results.I drove it the same as I normally do,my wife and kids were in the Jeep so I couldn`t really get on it plus they were whinning about the drone and the decel popping when I let off the gas pedal.

Last edited by swanni06; 04-20-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by swanni06
I have only driven one tank of gas since adding it.I cut 2" off the exit elbow to make the tip stick out 1/2" or so past the bumper.I will try a couple more tank fulls and let you guys know my results.I drove it the same as I normally do,my wife and kids were in the Jeep so I couldn`t really get on it plus they were whinning about the drone and the decel popping when I let off the gas pedal.
There should not have been any need to cut the exhaust and the drone you are referring to is something that we have not experienced on any of our installs. Have you contacted anyone at MBRP to discuss options for making it quieter or to get a replacement part if the tail pipe was not fitting for you? I would be happy to help you out if you need anything. Feel free to contact me toll free at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
There should not have been any need to cut the exhaust and the drone you are referring to is something that we have not experienced on any of our installs. Have you contacted anyone at MBRP to discuss options for making it quieter or to get a replacement part if the tail pipe was not fitting for you? I would be happy to help you out if you need anything. Feel free to contact me toll free at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202.
Well I have already cut the pipe so I have to keep it.No I I haven`t contacted anyone as I don`t see how you guys can make it quieter and I am not buying anything else lol paid enough for this exhaust..I will just live with it.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by swanni06
Well I have already cut the pipe so I have to keep it.No I I haven`t contacted anyone as I don`t see how you guys can make it quieter and I am not buying anything else lol paid enough for this exhaust..I will just live with it.
I am Steve...and I explained the system that you bought at a discount was a used or "fired" exhaust that had been on our JK for SEMA. For any MBRP SEMA vehicle, the exhaust system has to be 100% PERFECT and it was when installed on our JK. There is obviously an install issue.

I do not recall ever saying how many times the system had been fired but I was completely clear that it had been used. The front pipe that was included was brand new because the original had been modified to work with the relocation prototype.

I want to assure you that I am not here to argue with you and I would like you to call me ASAP to have it returned. Even though you have cut and modified the exhaust, we built this company on quality and service. I do not want an unsatisfied customer with this exhaust system so I would like you to remove the system and send it back for a full refund.

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust