Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust

Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mbrp, can you buy just the muffler.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hiddenprey
i went from using 18 L per 100KM to 14 L per 100KM that is pretty good for a JEEP

Ya i went from about 19-20 down to 16-16.5L per 100km

Its nice cruising at lower rpms
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiddenprey
i went from using 18 L per 100KM to 14 L per 100KM that is pretty good for a JEEP
oh I thought you were saying it was using MORE gas now..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awdspider
Mbrp, can you buy just the muffler.
I was told my MBRP that you can,shoot them a PM..they will hook you up
Old 04-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Sure we can get you hooked up with just a muffler, Give Steve a call at 1-888-636-7223.

Thanks
MB
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine off today.The factory clamps were easy to get off but those freakin rubber hanger sucked big time

It looks and sounds good except the tip sticks out past the bumper a good 2 inches I guess I will be cutting some off the outlet elbow to fix that

Anyone else having troubles getting the clamps tight enough so they don`t leak?I have tightened mine so much I am afraid of striping out the threads Plus I can see water dripping out around every clamp.I have the clamps even with the end of the pipe joints so I know its not an alignment problem.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swanni06
Got mine off today.The factory clamps were easy to get off but those freakin rubber hanger sucked big time

It looks and sounds good except the tip sticks out past the bumper a good 2 inches I guess I will be cutting some off the outlet elbow to fix that

Anyone else having troubles getting the clamps tight enough so they don`t leak?I have tightened mine so much I am afraid of striping out the threads Plus I can see water dripping out around every clamp.I have the clamps even with the end of the pipe joints so I know its not an alignment problem.
It did seem that it was hard to get fully tight.... but eventually it did. took a bunch of elbo grease.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the clamps really tight trust me, I got everyone of the clamps but the first one(one at the cats) to stop dripping water and leaking exhaust vapors but it will not tighten anymore.I cut off 2" of the exit elbow so the tip wouldn`t stick out as far..looks better too.Mine also has alot of "drone" to it when I let off the skinny to let the engine hold back the jeep but it does sound fairly good when its reved to about 3k-4k
I also lost gas mileage with the exhaust with normal driving and no power gains that I can tell, ALOT of money for more noise and a shinny muffler can
I am not knocking MBRP, just my opinion on this exhaust and findings.I am glad the rest of you are happy with yoursIf I had to do it over again I would have just bought a flowmaster 40 and be done with it.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by swanni06
I have the clamps really tight trust me, I got everyone of the clamps but the first one(one at the cats) to stop dripping water and leaking exhaust vapors but it will not tighten anymore.I cut off 2" of the exit elbow so the tip wouldn`t stick out as far..looks better too.Mine also has alot of "drone" to it when I let off the skinny to let the engine hold back the jeep but it does sound fairly good when its reved to about 3k-4k
I also lost gas mileage with the exhaust with normal driving and no power gains that I can tell, ALOT of money for more noise and a shinny muffler can
I am not knocking MBRP, just my opinion on this exhaust and findings.I am glad the rest of you are happy with yoursIf I had to do it over again I would have just bought a flowmaster 40 and be done with it.
You are noticing condensation dripping from the joints. They will seal up after you put some miles on the Jeep. On the standard system the tip should sit no more than an inch past the rear bumper. Gas mileage is a direct reflection of how the vehicle is driven...How many tanks have you put through the jeep since you added the exhaust?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

When i first put on the new system my millage went up from 19L per 100km to 20-21L. Didn't help that i was enjoying the sound too much and was ripping the jeep to test it out. That and the first long drive i did was in a huge wind storm. square jeep + big wind = bad mileage. The negative results scared me at first but it went down. now i'm at 16L per 100Km.

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust