Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust

Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the relocate SS in the box still, gonna try and tackle it today. I am a little scared. Have never done this before but seems pretty straight forward and easy. With all these posts about gettting the old one off being the hardest part I am a little nervous, but am sure I will be fine. Will post after and let you know how it went..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CaJeep07
I got the relocate SS in the box still, gonna try and tackle it today. I am a little scared. Have never done this before but seems pretty straight forward and easy. With all these posts about gettting the old one off being the hardest part I am a little nervous, but am sure I will be fine. Will post after and let you know how it went..
If you have any questions just ask. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off the rear pasenger hanger. If you bought the relocated exhaust, you dont need to save that hanger. Save yourself some pain and cut that one off.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did get the relocated exhaust. The longest part was getting the old exhaust off those hangers, dang what a pain that was. But got it done and on and it sounds great, its a nice throaty Purr a bit louder but not overbearingly loud with a nice deep low growl... Love it..
Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Super Freak

The relocate is not yet on the MBRP web site. Any word on availability and pricing?

I just smashed the stock exhaust and want to replace it, but don't want to buy some aftermarket unit and smash that too.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked under this morning to make sure all was still good with the bolts tight and all on the rubber hangers. Everything was good. Woohoo... After about 100 miles on it now it seems to have gotten a little deeper in the growl. Very nice sound.
One thing I did notice is that the handbrake wire is touching and melted abit.. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this and move the wire so its not touching.....?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked under this morning to make sure all was still good with the bolts tight and all on the rubber hangers. Everything was good. Woohoo... After about 100 miles on it now it seems to have gotten a little deeper in the growl. Very nice sound.
One thing I did notice is that the handbrake wire is touching and melted abit.. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this and move the wire so its not touching.....?
Is this on the relocated catback or the standard catback??
Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

I placed an order for my Stainless relocated exhaust today, I love the sound of this setup, can't wait until it gets here next week.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swanni06
Is this on the relocated catback or the standard catback??
Yes its on the relocated catback. Just need to bend the bracket and all is well.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Do you need to replace the wire now?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
Do you need to replace the wire now?
No need to replace it. Just a little melt spot, nothing showing or hanging out. it still works fine and all is well.

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust