Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust

Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at OK4WD today, and the MBRP reps were there doing a presentation on a new high clearance exhaust that they have coming out (hope I'm not spoiling any suprises here MBRB).

I had to leave before they were finished with their meeting - I was hoping to introduce myself and find out a little bit more about the exhaust!

MBRP, is this the same one that [N]UGE has pictures of a few posts up? If so, I don't see it on the website yet - any idea on when it will be in stores? I can't wait to check it out!

JD
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by swanni06
Which sounds better,the relocated set up or the stock replacement one or do they sound the same?
They both sound very similar but the relocated muffler will have a slightly more aggressive tone. We use a 5" body on the relocated muffler and a 6" on the standard mufflers.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by jd1066
I was at OK4WD today, and the MBRP reps were there doing a presentation on a new high clearance exhaust that they have coming out (hope I'm not spoiling any suprises here MBRB).

I had to leave before they were finished with their meeting - I was hoping to introduce myself and find out a little bit more about the exhaust!

MBRP, is this the same one that [N]UGE has pictures of a few posts up? If so, I don't see it on the website yet - any idea on when it will be in stores? I can't wait to check it out!

JD
The guys you saw doing the presentation were Nick and Jesse...a few of our national sales reps. The systems they were showing are the same relocated exhaust you can see pictures of above in this thread! These systems are just being released and should be available through our dealers very shortly. We ran an intro special to get a few systems out to market and this is where [N]uge and a bunch of others picked theirs up...
Old 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default still love it

said it on a diffrent post and i will say it again, i love the relocated cat back, the sound is sick.

i had to go underneath and tighten everything again because it popped off a hanger but has not moved in two days of highway driving so i think it is good now
Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Install/Stock Removal

Anyone have better pictures of the install itself?
I will be taking this project on, but would like to see some better pictures of the stock muffler removal.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kuma1720
Anyone have better pictures of the install itself?
I will be taking this project on, but would like to see some better pictures of the stock muffler removal.
I'm at work now but i can post some more pics this weekend.
Anything you want to see in particular?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default Exhaust Install

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
I'm at work now but i can post some more pics this weekend.
Anything you want to see in particular?
If you can show some additional pics with the removal of the stock muffler. This seems to be the most problematic and would give me a better gauge on how to do it myself. It does not appear to be extremely complicated, but some tips would make a world of difference for a novice like me.

As for the old muffler holders some have mentioned using a sawsall/grinder to remove and discard for easier removal?? I'll try a WD40 first and might resort to this last.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did mine and the only two problems I ran into was taking those damn rubber isolators off and, the hand brake wire touching the exhaust. Just noticed this morning that it melted on to it. Now, it's just a matter of moving it.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jmacaws
I did mine and the only two problems I ran into was taking those damn rubber isolators off and, the hand brake wire touching the exhaust. Just noticed this morning that it melted on to it. Now, it's just a matter of moving it.
I didn't even see that wire.. going to have to look tonight after work.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered the SS exhaust today. Went with the stock exhaust instead of the relocated version.
Looking at a week for delivery, can't wait. The crew at MBRP are excellent and are very helpful. Thank you Steve.

Will put my skills to the test when it gets here.

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust