Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

matte vs textured finish

Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy with the same exact bumper but he has the matte black and its hard to tell much of a difference. I'll try and get a side by side shot this week sometime. If your worried about matching the front to the rear I honestly don't think anyone would ever notice. Especially if they are far back enough to see them both at the same time!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
I have a buddy with the same exact bumper but he has the matte black and its hard to tell much of a difference. I'll try and get a side by side shot this week sometime. If your worried about matching the front to the rear I honestly don't think anyone would ever notice. Especially if they are far back enough to see them both at the same time!
Thanks alot buddy. with such a big ticket price item, i am trying to do my homework 5 times over.

appreciating all feedback!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Where will you be purchasing? Someone recently posted in another thread that the matte finish is no longer available. At least, I know it's no longer an option for the front LoD bumpers on the Northridge site.

Last edited by RedJK2; 01-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedJK2
Where will you be purchasing? Someone recently posted in another thread that the matte finish is no longer available. At least, I know it's no longer an option on the for the front LoD bumpers on the Northridge site.
Yes, I seem to remember Stan at Northridge when I last talked with him that the Matte Finish maybe being discontinued.... Hope they don't discontinue the Matte finish on the LoD sliders and rear racks....or I will be ordering sooner rather than later.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dave said they where discontinuing it for faster turn around time but that you would still be able to special order one if you where matching other items but it would take a lot longer! Didn't know when they where starting it though.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wranglerxnewbie

Thanks alot buddy. with such a big ticket price item, i am trying to do my homework 5 times over.

appreciating all feedback!!!
No problem. I did the same thing with mine before I ordered. Debated on matte for forever before pulling the trigger on the textured.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
No problem. I did the same thing with mine before I ordered. Debated on matte for forever before pulling the trigger on the textured.
I debated as well...and picked Matte for the easy touch up of trail damage.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I debated as well...and picked Matte for the easy touch up of trail damage.
x2 on this, I have the matte black and when (yes I said when and not if) I hit something a piece of sand paper and a rattle can of matte black from an autoparts store and looks good as new.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedJK2
Where will you be purchasing? Someone recently posted in another thread that the matte finish is no longer available. At least, I know it's no longer an option for the front LoD bumpers on the Northridge site.
Northridge4x4.ca. When I called last, he said he will have both finishes available. I think i am just gonna go with textured.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We can get matte we just won't be stocking it , special order only

Quick Reply: matte vs textured finish