Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Matte Black Vinyl Wrap

Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't look like primer on mine, if anyone has ever ever been to SEMA that's what everyone is doing instead of painting, about half the price of paint jobs. Also they aren't going to wrap the inside of the hood!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Ya not sure why you would do under hood. You would think the heat from motor would either melt it or shrink the crap out of it
Allow me to clarify .. we did not wrap under the hood. We only wrapped the side and rear portions of the engine compartment that would have been visible when the hood is closed. This was needed in order to ensure a seamless wrap over the stone white base color.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow 4 pages of talk over one little cheesy picture , can you take more so we can see it better and if you payed over 2 grand you got rip off

I have talked to few guy about getting it done and they where between 800 to 1600 for the whole jeep
Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Wow 4 pages of talk over one little cheesy picture , can you take more so we can see it better and if you payed over 2 grand you got rip off

I have talked to few guy about getting it done and they where between 800 to 1600 for the whole jeep
I'm sure the price is on the high end, but in my experience, doing aftermarket upgrades in the North East, ie vinyl, powder coating, etc, can be a little pricier since there aren't as many places doing such things as other parts of the country.

I'd also like to see a few more pics.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

I've been thinking about wrapping for a while. Looks great post more pics
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

My friend has a shop out in vegas that does it, it depends on the size of vehicle and what you want done
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

$800 sounds like a great deal. I'm sure you get what you pay for. My jeep took 2 installers over a week to complete. I requested the highest quality 3M vinyl. I have no visible seams (including the fenders which took a 2 days alone to remove, wrap (1 piece) and reinstall) and no evidence of white from the outside of the vehicle (including all 4 door jams).
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is the new color im going with
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1853872914.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	345733  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mmancuso
$800 sounds like a great deal. I'm sure you get what you pay for. My jeep took 2 installers over a week to complete. I requested the highest quality 3M vinyl. I have no visible seams (including the fenders which took a 2 days alone to remove, wrap (1 piece) and reinstall) and no evidence of white from the outside of the vehicle (including all 4 door jams).
Ok so you payed all that money and you only took one picture , post some more pics

And the 800 price is by a guy who works in the field but does it from home because that way he can make more money for himself

And the get what you payed for does not stand up in this thread you are paying for labor not parts
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would think the quality you are going to get will be crap then, I'm in Nebraska and was quoted $3000+.

Quick Reply: Matte Black Vinyl Wrap