Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Manual to auto swap?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Jong Il
Just got a smoking deal on a automatic tranny w/ 20k miles on it. The torque coverter, housing extension, dip stick, isolator block, and crossmember mount were included. When I get the rest of the parts together I'll begin the "show and tell" thread so I can put all the doubt about a manual-auto swap to rest.

I think i would rather have a 6 speed over the automatic
Old 08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
I think i would rather have a 6 speed over the automatic
Ive been going back and forth on the benefits of both tranny's. This is the first time I've had a manual in a Jeep and I thought it would be a good change of pace but now I'm over it. I should be able to pull off the swap for less than a $1000 and now I have my heart set on proving everybody wrong that it can't be done. I finally got some straight answers out of Chyrsler on what needs to be done with the PCM and SCM modules on the JK to make the swap legit and I'm going to do it. I also picked the brains of the guys at COP 4x4 and they've reassured me that I'm on the right track and they'll assist me with whatever road blocks I encounter. It's actually going to be an extremely easy and I'm super stoked about it
Old 08-08-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hkx3
If i could find someone local who wanted my auto Id do the swap yesterday. Hate my auto, drive it like a manual anyway
Want mine? I can ship it too u cheap
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Want mine? I can ship it too u cheap
I would love to take it but how could i do the swap?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to take it but how could i do the swap?
You'd get all the stuff I pull off my JK. The only thing you'll need is a new PCM for a manual tranny. You have all the provisions for a manual in your JK except for the little things i.e. clutch pedal, center console, transfer case cable bracket, and a few other little things. I won't short you on any of the parts, everything I pull off mine will be included
Old 08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

You'd get all the stuff I pull off my JK. The only thing you'll need is a new PCM for a manual tranny. You have all the provisions for a manual in your JK except for the little things i.e. clutch pedal, center console, transfer case cable bracket, and a few other little things. I won't short you on any of the parts, everything I pull off mine will be included
haha or we could get together and do the swap together?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

this seems awesome i just dont know how hard it would be to have to make the hole for the shifter and the clutch
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this seems awesome i just dont know how hard it would be to have to make the hole for the shifter and the clutch
arent the provisions already there on both the auto and the manual ?

-Christopher
Old 08-17-2010, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

The hole is already in your floor but it's covered by the auto tranny shifter sled. Once u swap out the shifter sleds the hole will be exposed and the manual shifter fits right through. The clutch pedal just pins into the bracket that the brake pedal is attached to. I've looked at both manual and auto equipped JK's and all the stuff is there and ready for the swap.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default auto swap...

I should be able to pull off the swap for less than a $1000 and now I have my heart set on proving everybody wrong that it can't be done. I finally got some straight answers out of Chyrsler on what needs to be done with the PCM and SCM modules on the JK to make the swap legit and I'm going to do it.

How can you do it for less than a $1000.00, I'd thought the auto tranny was more than that alone...

Quick Reply: Manual to auto swap?