Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Manual to Auto

Old 05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Manual to Auto

I am considering switching over from manual to auto transmission. Wondering what is gona take to do the conversion? And how hard it would be.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i have heard (because i wanted to go from auto to standard) its major work pretty much to the point of it not being worth it. its do able but very very costly
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

From my thinking hat on heaps of people have done the Hemi conversion so was thinking to pick the entire unit cheap with wiring and swap the stuff over
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 AM
JK Super Freak

so you want to do an entire engine swap as well. i was told that all the linkage needs to be changed, allot or wiring is different plus theres a plethora of other parts than would need to be changed, dealer would need to reflash you CPU... etc etc. the reason it is so "easy" when people swap the hemis is because much of the OEM stuff needs to come out. and since your pulling the entire drive train out its easy enough to put what ever else back in.

dont get me wrong im not trying to talk you out of it, trust me i wish it was easier but IMO the money it would cost to do the swap could be much better spent else where on your jeep, that is if it already isnt done up nicely as is.

any way thats my .02

im curious to see what others have to say as well
Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

dont the hemi kits allow you to convert them? im pretty sure that you can put in a hemi auto box when you do a hemi conversion. but i think you need to get a interior console from an auto. i also think that they do a 6speed hemi swap aswell.
why are you wanting to change fed up of the clutch going??
Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
dont the hemi kits allow you to convert them? im pretty sure that you can put in a hemi auto box when you do a hemi conversion. but i think you need to get a interior console from an auto. i also think that they do a 6speed hemi swap aswell.
why are you wanting to change fed up of the clutch going??
if you were to do a hemi there are options at brunsville as to auto or manuel. one of their base packages requires you to have an manuel. if your doin the hemi i dont see much more money needing to be forked out to do to an auto.

i myself would sitck with what you got. im on my 2nd tranny at 26,xxx and its making bearing noises again. wish i had a manuel
Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

I don't know what is offered downunder but the auto here in the US SUCKS!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
dsy
JK Freak

The convesion from manual to auto is easy if your doing the hemi swap. You also get a much better tranny when going with the hemi.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

thought I just ask and see if it is easy. I just find auto easy to drive thats all. I think I will save some coin and go with hemi auto in the near future.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Zak
thought I just ask and see if it is easy. I just find auto easy to drive thats all. I think I will save some coin and go with hemi auto in the near future.
Much better idea

Quick Reply: Manual to Auto