Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Make you own headliners

Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lakejeep
Exactly, however you could use thin vinyl just as you said with right amount of adhesive, I feel that headliner material is warmer for winter though and helps with sound better for stereo sound, think about it, studios and theaters use like materials for walls to better sound
The insulation is mostly coming from the foam block. Almost any fabric other than leathers and vinyls will have some R factor. Leather very little insulating properties, and vinyl depends on how thick of a backing it has. Canvas would likely be almost as bad. For insulating properties, I would go with a fleece. It tends to be cheaper than specific headliner materials, a bit thicker, and almost as stretchy and light.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeverePatronage
The insulation is mostly coming from the foam block. Almost any fabric other than leathers and vinyls will have some R factor. Leather very little insulating properties, and vinyl depends on how thick of a backing it has. Canvas would likely be almost as bad. For insulating properties, I would go with a fleece. It tends to be cheaper than specific headliner materials, a bit thicker, and almost as stretchy and light.
I used a fairly thick synthetic poly fabric from a local fabric supplier. I wouldn't use fleece. It tends to pill if you rub it, ie)taking off the freedom panels. Thinner fabrics may allow the adhesive to soak through as well.

Quick Reply: Make you own headliners