Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Made my own mesh Bikini Top, 1 day and $40

Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a great idea. I am trying to figure something out to slow down the back wind flow from the rear coming forward and this make work for me instead of buying off the intranet. I want to install behind the rear seat.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txtrav
OK cool - I'm sure regular thread would be fine, but I'm going to look for something a little more heavy duty that can withstand the Texas sun/wind in the summer. I'll be making mine this weekend and will post pics afterward
For sure post up a picture when it's done. Would love to see some others

Originally Posted by Mud Yuppee
That is a great idea. I am trying to figure something out to slow down the back wind flow from the rear coming forward and this make work for me instead of buying off the intranet. I want to install behind the rear seat.
You could do that exact thing with this. Throw it up over the sound bar and then down behind the front seats. You could attach the toggle balls to somewhere on the bottom of the seat and you'd be all set

I ran around with it last Sunday and drove across a causeway with some pretty stiff wind. Only flapping from it was against the speaker bar. Nothing a little foam tape couldn't fix. First true test will be on the trip to the Outer Banks this June.

Couldn't be happier with it so far.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

nice work
Old 04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Great Job and thanks for sharing the list on how to make one
Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Settle
Got my inspiration from this.
I sewed an inch and a half on all sides, added the grommets to the sewn edges where they lined up with good spots to strap it down on the roll cage. Threw on the straps and done. It really was that easy. $40 total in it with tax.
Nicely done. Your backseat looks like mine, filled up with car seats
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfreebern
Nicely done. Your backseat looks like mine, filled up with car seats
What you don't see is the Third one waiting to go in....the third one is due in October.....then it's the minivan mod, rear seat from a 2 door going in the back b/c there is going to be a 4th one after that
Old 04-22-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Settle
What you don't see is the Third one waiting to go in....the third one is due in October.....then it's the minivan mod, rear seat from a 2 door going in the back b/c there is going to be a 4th one after that
I've thought about the same thing, how to get more space for the kids. I currently have 2 in boosters and 1 in a car seat, so it's a struggle to get them all in the backseat, but they don't mind. Now if I can find somewhere to put the 10 yr old, along with the wife........we'll all be able to enjoy the Jeep at the same time. Taking the wifes minivan, when I see the Jeep in the driveway, just isn't as fun.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfreebern
I've thought about the same thing, how to get more space for the kids. I currently have 2 in boosters and 1 in a car seat, so it's a struggle to get them all in the backseat, but they don't mind. Now if I can find somewhere to put the 10 yr old, along with the wife........we'll all be able to enjoy the Jeep at the same time. Taking the wifes minivan, when I see the Jeep in the driveway, just isn't as fun.
There are a bunch of threads on here for people who have put the 2 door seat in the back. They are what made me decide on the JK over anything else. I always wanted to get back into a Jeep and that simple mod will allow me to have my cake and eat it too.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

So how did it hold up over the summer of 2011?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great

Quick Reply: Made my own mesh Bikini Top, 1 day and $40