Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Luk Clutch installed in my JK

Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luk Clutch installed in my JK

Well, my stock clutch finally gave out in my Rubi. Absolutely no warning whatsoever. Came off the freeway after going 75 miles in 6th and it would not downshift. After I stopped, it took a lot of work to find gears but I was able to limp it home. I noticed the actual clutch was twisted when it was taken apart. So my first thought was to buy a Centerforce which I have installed in other vehicles because of the performance and clamping power. Then I read good things about Luk clutches in the JK. After pricing both clutches and finding a deal on parts geek.com which seemed to good to be true - (Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throw-out bearing, Pilot bearing and alignment tool for $152.85 no tax free shipping).I decided to give Luk a shot. Clutch was installed today and works great. Very light pedal and grabs outstanding. Although it is too soon for a full review, as of now I'm definitely pleased.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how many
miles ?do you wheel it hard ? jus curious as i have a manual also
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Put one in my sons 98 TJ after two advance auto Chinese clutches failed. Neither of those lasted more than 6 months. So far the LUK is doing fine. It was highly recommended on a tj forum.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine went out at 56,000 miles..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
Mine went out at 56,000 miles..
Light 4 wheelin but mostly street driving. I was shocked that the clutch disc was twisted.

Quick Reply: Luk Clutch installed in my JK