Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lower Cost Hemi Conversion?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryanc
How could they do a hemi conversion for less than 10 grande?
That doesn't include the engine. They have said with the engine $17,500. Jeep Speed Shop has been very inconsistent in how they quate them. One day it will be without the engine, the next without labor, and the one after that it will have everything. Makes it very confusing when they throw out numbers.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Motor included, out the door $10,500. Thats what they told me. The motor is used w/ low mileage. Call'em up, It's still $10,500 I don't have.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
That doesn't include the engine. They have said with the engine $17,500. Jeep Speed Shop has been very inconsistent in how they quate them. One day it will be without the engine, the next without labor, and the one after that it will have everything. Makes it very confusing when they throw out numbers.
He has different numbers because he is always trying to get it cheaper so more people can afford to do the conversion. With a brand new crate motor he charges more than a used motor (obviously). He buys whole vehicles, takes the motor/trans, and parts out the rest. If he says he can do it for $10,500, he will. At least that is my first hand experience with a Jeepspeedshop swap. Been running all over the place for nearly a year (~12000 miles or so) with the Hemi without any major problems.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

I just find it unusual that last week he was telling everyone he was running a special at $17,500, and all of a sudden this week it is $7,000 cheaper for the same thing. Either way it is money I don't have.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I just find it unusual that last week he was telling everyone he was running a special at $17,500, and all of a sudden this week it is $7,000 cheaper for the same thing. Either way it is money I don't have.
That's with a brand new engine and trans. He is always looking for better sources for new engines. If you bring him a used engine that you found and bought, well watch the price drop. I know of a bunch of guys that he is doing. Eric's or Woody's is bad ass! He did his also.

Quick Reply: Lower Cost Hemi Conversion?