Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Love this site!

Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Love this site!

Hi everyone,

I just want to generally thank everyone who posts such helpful replies. I am not a car guy by any means, but that may have just changed thanks to all I've learned from this site on the mini-projects I completed below.

On Friday, I removed the rear tow hook to install a hidden hitch receiver. There was a burr (?) on the frame that I had to file off before it would sit properly.

Then on Saturday I found instructions on this site on how to cheaply build a grill guard using gutter mesh. Saved me a lot of money and I love the look (see below). And for the first time I changed my own oil (Mobil 1), oil filter, and rotated my own tires.

Finally, today I took off the doors and built a cheap side view mirror, again thanks to a post I found on this site. I figure I saved well over $100 which will go to the wheel/tire upgrade fund.

This all might seem a bit trivial to a lot of folks, but I'm used to modding computers, not cars, and I think I caught the bug. Just Empty Every Pocket, right!?!

Old 08-17-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum. Glad you are able to get some positive info.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the site and to your new addiction. By the way, a kitten dies everytime you refer to your Jeep as a "car"

Nice mods, love the mirror. Where did you pick that up?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by defkon
Welcome to the site and to your new addiction. By the way, a kitten dies everytime you refer to your Jeep as a "car"

Nice mods, love the mirror. Where did you pick that up?
Hehe, duly noted.

I got the mirror at Murray's Auto, which I believe goes by different names depending on what state you're in. Here's the link to the site I found on this forum which has the part number:

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html
Old 08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to ur new addiction!

OH! and tell us about ur jeep.... stats man!

EDIT #2 : i love ur name... that is one of the best movies i ever accidently watched.

Last edited by davebloomer; 08-17-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davebloomer
welcome to ur new addiction!

OH! and tell us about ur jeep.... stats man!

EDIT #2 : i love ur name... that is one of the best movies i ever accidently watched.
Thanks dude, it's the handle I've used in forums and mmo's for years... freakin love that movie.

As for my jeep, I just updated my sig, but it's still all stock until I save up for some new wheels/tires and maybe a small lift. I'm leaving big city life and moving to Utah soon so I'm sure I can justify some upgrades in the near future!

Your avatar is classic!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Wecome. Looks like you did a very good job on the grill. YA GETTA
Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good! I also love this site. I have learned so much useful information. The pics of everyones mods and problems/solutions are awesome Welcome
Old 08-17-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any chance you could post the link to that grill mod? Im too lazy and about to go to bed.

Thanks,

Calvin
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CKimbrow
Any chance you could post the link to that grill mod? Im too lazy and about to go to bed.

Thanks,

Calvin
No problem, I've started bookmarking these things since forums can get unwieldy.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/grill-mod-4194/

I wasn't able to find a single sheet that covered the whole grill so I just bought rain gutter mesh from Home Depot and cut them to fit each of the 7 slots. I used zip ties and the adhesive mounts to secure it. One thing to note is that you don't have to unplug the light like the photos show, the whole thing twists off, which makes sense considering you may need to change the bulb inside someday. Probably safer to keep bulb in panel now that I think about it.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Love this site!