Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

It looks like goodbye...

Old 07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hold your horses! Who says you can't stick around here at the JK-forum anyway?!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

GOOD BYE
Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TanktheTwat
With every end there is a new beginning. Just be happy with whatever comes your way. Being that you are selling you JK, I just recenly received one from my parents, as well as my license. See ya around and good luck in the future.
^ WT# does that mean? It actually seems pretty rude to me. This guy has to sell his Jeep to keep his family arround because he can't afford the payments and you are bragging that your parents bought you yours. Plus your signature block shows several thousand $$ worth of mods.

This seemed very rude to me moderators. If I am out of line please delete this post and PM me and I will send this guy an apology.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Uh, what does tank the twat mean?
Well considering I'm a highschool kid as well and i know this stuff
Twat would refer to a womanly organ and tanking it would be well........

By the way, sorry to see you have to sell the Jk but to keep the wife at home for the kids to keep the family happy is well worth over 20 JK's! Plus you still have a Jeep, and since you owned one techinically i think you can call yourself an XJK'r XJ+JK=XJK, sorry lame i know........see you on the trails hopefully!

Originally Posted by DZNTS
^ WT# does that mean? It actually seems pretty rude to me. This guy has to sell his Jeep to keep his family arround because he can't afford the payments and you are bragging that your parents bought you yours. Plus your signature block shows several thousand $$ worth of mods.

This seemed very rude to me moderators. If I am out of line please delete this post and PM me and I will send this guy an apology.
Don't jump on the kid for being wealthy! By the way he started to word it I think he meant good intentions. Plus don't be calling the rich card its unneccessary, I about to turn 16 and I have a JK. No need to pull the spoiled brat crap because when i started talking about getting a car my parents turned down a car that was for 10,000 then I slowly talked them into the JK! Considering I need a safe reliable car that will last through college(and many many years after that) and If i ever get into any trouble it can get me out! Plus you cant speed in a JK so thats not an issue!(I dont anyways though)! Also insurance for a JK considering it's as aerodynamic as a Brick and a tank allowed us good insurance. Now the reason why my parents didn't just get me a cheap 2-door is because the short wheel base and the height of it caused a high flip probability(Plus the fact that my Aunt's Husband flipped his, and so did my dad freaked my mom out).
Sorry I don't mean to be rude, you have ever right to say what you feel on your mind. And honestly i feel it comes off that way too but what he meant by it I think was good.(I THINK)

Last edited by Ewok; 07-10-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all for the support!

Money used to be plentiful. Before the kids, we were both working and banging up against the $100k mark. But, once the girls came, and we saw the effects of them the being raised in day care, we made changes. That's one of the reasons we moved to Colorado. I took a HUGE cut in pay, but now we're close to family, got a near new house with a big back yard, in a state that's much more family oriented, close to my parents and sister, and DON'T SPEND UP TO 20+ HOURS A WEEK COMMUTING like I did in Southern Cal (more time w/ the family).

To be honest, we could keep the JK and get by. But as someone wisely said,
"a happy wife equals a happy life". She never asked me to get rid of the JK. It was my idea and I know it would take some stress off her shoulders if we have the extra breathing room. I think she's more concerned with me having a vehicle that can handle the crazy blizzards we get here. She knows I passed almost 30 cars stranded in the ditch during the last big storm. Some of them in drifts up to the roofs! She also knows the JK is amazing in the snow.

I'm hoping to replace the JK with a XJ and put a couple $$ into making it offroad ready. Simple, great engine, holds the family (and the mother-in-law).

Thanks again, and I will check in with the forum.

As for Tank's comments, no worries. I think he's just trying to say he appreciates his new vehicle and would hate to get rid of it. That's how it should be. I'm ok with kids getting nice things as long as they're appreciative and willing to work for what they get without whining.
DZNTS, thanks for standing up for me - great example of the good people in this forum!

Last edited by mizedog; 07-11-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ewok
Well considering I'm a highschool kid as well and i know this stuff
Twat would refer to a womanly organ and tanking it would be well........

By the way, sorry to see you have to sell the Jk but to keep the wife at home for the kids to keep the family happy is well worth over 20 JK's! Plus you still have a Jeep, and since you owned one techinically i think you can call yourself an XJK'r XJ+JK=XJK, sorry lame i know........see you on the trails hopefully!

Don't jump on the kid for being wealthy! By the way he started to word it I think he meant good intentions. Plus don't be calling the rich card its unneccessary, I about to turn 16 and I have a JK. No need to pull the spoiled brat crap because when i started talking about getting a car my parents turned down a car that was for 10,000 then I slowly talked them into the JK! Considering I need a safe reliable car that will last through college(and many many years after that) and If i ever get into any trouble it can get me out! Plus you cant speed in a JK so thats not an issue!(I dont anyways though)! Also insurance for a JK considering it's as aerodynamic as a Brick and a tank allowed us good insurance. Now the reason why my parents didn't just get me a cheap 2-door is because the short wheel base and the height of it caused a high flip probability(Plus the fact that my Aunt's Husband flipped his, and so did my dad freaked my mom out).
Sorry I don't mean to be rude, you have ever right to say what you feel on your mind. And honestly i feel it comes off that way too but what he meant by it I think was good.(I THINK)

ok let me start off by saying i can understand all sides of the story, the poor guy loses his baby because he cant make payments because family always comes first i thought i was about to have a kid on the way so i started to sob about me selling my jeep (also having a kid at 17 USE PROTECTION KIDS THE SCARE IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!) anyway i have to make my own $406 a month payments (including insurance) for my car its hard as hell!!! believe me working on $8.50 an hour i go days without eating it sucks and yeah i do get really pissed off because i live in a upper class town and i fully know that i see kids getting spoiled by mommy an daddy buying them their car and they dont pay a red cent not even for their mods (e.g. im parked next to a kid at school a kid folks remeember this who owns a 2007 viper, 2007 corvette, a 2008 jeep wrangler, and a motorcycle and yeah i wanted to sock him in the face im sure most of you do) but honestly if my mom was filthy rich i sure as hell wouldnt be paying for my car, why? because we are all naturally lazy and nobody wants to work if they dont need too. but the upside about us guys owning our own things and struggling to buy them is that when we do we feel alot better about our selfs than those rich kids. i have owned my jeep for a year and still no mods im not sure ill be doing any soon because mines my Daily driver and larger tires swallows gas :( so im getting a motorcycle 1st then ill jack my jeeo really high the way i like it and ill feel great about it because i can say i did that on my own.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
Take care and good luck. You are a champ of a Dad and husband to put your families needs before your JK.
X 2 on that one!!! Check in from time to time and good luck!!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Smile

Originally Posted by JeepJK4Life
ok let me start off by saying i can understand all sides of the story, the poor guy loses his baby because he cant make payments because family always comes first i thought i was about to have a kid on the way so i started to sob about me selling my jeep (also having a kid at 17 USE PROTECTION KIDS THE SCARE IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!) anyway i have to make my own $406 a month payments (including insurance) for my car its hard as hell!!! believe me working on $8.50 an hour i go days without eating it sucks and yeah i do get really pissed off because i live in a upper class town and i fully know that i see kids getting spoiled by mommy an daddy buying them their car and they dont pay a red cent not even for their mods (e.g. im parked next to a kid at school a kid folks remeember this who owns a 2007 viper, 2007 corvette, a 2008 jeep wrangler, and a motorcycle and yeah i wanted to sock him in the face im sure most of you do) but honestly if my mom was filthy rich i sure as hell wouldnt be paying for my car, why? because we are all naturally lazy and nobody wants to work if they dont need too. but the upside about us guys owning our own things and struggling to buy them is that when we do we feel alot better about our selfs than those rich kids. i have owned my jeep for a year and still no mods im not sure ill be doing any soon because mines my Daily driver and larger tires swallows gas :( so im getting a motorcycle 1st then ill jack my jeeo really high the way i like it and ill feel great about it because i can say i did that on my own.
I did work my ass off to deserve this vehicle i have done all AP classes I have made above a 4.0 GPA. All this whole summer i have working like no other painting our house and our guest house this summer for $5 an hour, so i can pay for my lift and tires. SO there was no me not working for anything! By the way I can relate to your school. We have a kid that drives his dad's porche, we have the kid with the barnd new corvette with over 25,000 in mods(ACtually 4), we have a kid who had a 100,000 dollar Dodge 2500 with the a ton of mods added like 37's, but then he wrecked so his parents bought him a Dodge Dually, with over a 100,000 in mods, oh yeah he is also a drug addict! We have a viper, We have a couple lotus's, then we have amass of mercedes, a couple Range Rovers, A couple Lifted Tundra's, then just some normal cars My school is ridicuously rich so I can relate to how your school is! By the way I believe that what is happenign in this story is his wife works, and if she stoped working it would be difficult to pay the monthly payment for the Jeep, but he feels it would make his family happy by keeping the wife at home, so he sells the Jeep. I feel that there isnt a problem with paying for the Jeep! Atleast thats how I saw it!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ I'm done reading this thread That last one made me puke.^

"I'm not spoiled there are kids way more spoiled than me!"

Its a $30,000 car if you don't have a full time job, live on your own, buy your own food, pay your own utilities and make the payments on your own. Then you will have no clue how the rest of us see how your comments come off.

I was a rich kid in high school too, my parents made over $600,000 per year in 1993 when they divorvced, but I had to buy my own car. Junior and senior year of high school I had a full time job 40+ hrs a week and graduated with a 3.8 an all AP classes. My parents didn't drop a dime on my car. I bought a 9 year old Cherroke laredo for $10,000 cash. I also had to buy my own clothes for school and pay for any dates/ running arround with my friends. ALL OF MY FRIENDS WERE SPOILED AND THEY KNEW IT!

After 10 years of having a fulltime job and busting my ass and going to war I finally make enough money to buy a new Jeep. Think about what you are saying to the world before you put your hands on the keyboard please.

Quick Reply: It looks like goodbye...