Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Looking for pictures of a certain JK

Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Gar=-
Cajun,

Nice Jeep. Last time I was in your neck of the woods (Right after Katrina hit) all hell was breaking loose! Hope you all are doing much better.

So how does your Jeep drive with the stock 4.11 gears? Or did you swap out the gears already? What size stock rims do you have? And how long did the RE 4.5" lift take to install?

TKS,
Gar
1) I live in south baton rouge, and by the grace of the big man above, we had no real local damage. As far as New Orleans goes, the French Quarter and downtown were up and running in no time at all. New Orleans East, and St. Charles Parish are totally different, and to this day it is still pitiful when considering how much work needs to be done.

2) The jeep is definitly doable with the 4.10's. Having said that I WILL swap gears based on all the great response from those on the forum who have done the swap

3) those are the stock 17" rubicon wheels 8" width I believe ???

4) My lift was put on by a local Rubicon Express direct vendor (their first install on a JK). I believe my kit to be 1 of those first mythical 50 (or so I'm told). My guys took their time (about 4 days), but they were taking gobs of notes and photographs as they went because RE's install instructions were not the best.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Cajun....I absolutely love your Jeep...I had already planned almost the exact same setup on my Rubicon 4-door when i get it next week. only diff was thinking about different tires and adding AEV hood. Now that i've seen pics of yours, I know its the way to go.......

couple of questions,

What rear bumper did you go with? any other mods you have made? and can we please see some hi-res images from diff angles of your insanely sweet Rubi!

Thanks,

Jer
The rear is the Mopar rockcrawler, and I will try to post a list of mods and pics later tonight or this weekend.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default pics maybe???

I'll try for the first time to post pics. Let's See ......

A little flexing...

Not sure how I got sideways on the trail!

Winch holding me from falling down a 50' ravine
http://my.project-jk.com/data/506/thumbs/DSCN1386.JPG

Out of Trouble
http://my.project-jk.com/data/506/thumbs/DSCN1376.JPG

Quick Reply: Looking for pictures of a certain JK