Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

looking for pic of MBRP light bar and winch on stock stubby

Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rvzoo I cant wait to hear and see how it goes. Sharkbite, you are the closest look to what I am thinking. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by theosdad; 04-29-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharkbite
I have the stubby, the winch, but my light bar is home-made. I like the MBRP bar too, but I went the cheap route like most of my mods!

Sharkbite, How did you do your stubby? Very clean looking I must say.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sharkbite
I have the stubby, the winch, but my light bar is home-made. I like the MBRP bar too, but I went the cheap route like most of my mods!

How did you mount the winch in the stock bumper. It looks great and that is what I want to do. I am unable to mount it upside down as I have the electronic sway bar disconnect.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Can anyone with the MBRP light bar tell me if it mounts on the inside of the frame rail or the outside or can it be either?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did my stubby like the thread on here- folded the ends back and plastic "welded" with a soldering iron. There is a pretty good description on an older thread if you search stock stubby. For the winch mount, I trimmed a universal winch plate from Harbor Freight and mounted it upside down. I'm pretty sure I saw one mounted this way on a Rubi, it was tight but it did fit with the sway bar disconnect. You could look through some of the older threads and check. I have a word document made up with some tips I learned from doing mine, if you decide to try it PM me and I can email it to you.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
JK Freak

I might have to ask for that from you sharkbite if I dont get any pics of a winch mounted upright with an MBRP light bar.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Thank You bbrider for the pics
Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually just finish installing my winch today on my stock bumper, I already had the light bar and was able to keep it on with the winch. I will post pictures very soon, it is a tight fight but looks nice.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

That is great news. I would love to see it when you can. Did you have to modify the light bar mounts?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

If you would like to see how the MBRP light bar mounts, send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you a PDF version of the install instructions.

Steve

Quick Reply: looking for pic of MBRP light bar and winch on stock stubby