Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Looking at buying Wrangler ..

Old 06-25-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying Wrangler ..

I'm currently looking at buying a a Jeep Wrangler and having a hard time decided what to get and add ons .. I know I want the color in black and a 2 door manuel but sure on the following: new or old body style, sport/Sahara / rubicon, hard or soft top (I do live in Oregon so weather maybe an issue) etc?? If anyone can give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you can let me know what good prices are as well? Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

What do you want to use it for? Dirt trails, rock crawling, etc. If you plan on doing any difficult rock crawling then you should go with the Rubicon but if not... ask yourself how luxurious do you want the interior ride to be. Do you need power everything or would you be OK with manual locks and windows. As far as price, are you planning on buying new or used, dealer or private seller. Personally, if you plan on putting tires bigger than 33's then you should look at a 2012, the power is amazing from what I hear. Or, you can purchase a used one with lower gears so you regain some of the loss power. I have seen a few really nice JK's for sale on here in recent months. Everyone wants a 2012. If you buy used look at Emunds to get a starting point on the price. Hope this helps a little because I know I went back and forth on all the different avenues available when looking at purchasing a Jeep. Good luck!

Last edited by ninjajmoney; 06-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

My new 2012 has power to spare.(285 hp)
Im only a weekend warrior ....logging roads, a little mud and small creeks to cross getting to my fishing spots.
I got the sahara, lots of goodies, rides great and lots of power to get me there.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ninjajmoney
What do you want to use it for? Dirt trails, rock crawling, etc. If you plan on doing any difficult rock crawling then you should go with the Rubicon but if not... ask yourself how luxurious do you want the interior ride to be. Do you need power everything or would you be OK with manual locks and windows. As far as price, are you planning on buying new or used, dealer or private seller. Personally, if you plan on putting tires bigger than 33's then you should look at a 2012, the power is amazing from what I hear. Or, you can purchase a used one with lower gears so you regain some of the loss power. I have seen a few really nice JK's for sale on here in recent months. Everyone wants a 2012. If you buy used look at Emunds to get a starting point on the price. Hope this helps a little because I know I went back and forth on all the different avenues available when looking at purchasing a Jeep. Good luck!
Thanks for the help. I haves been looking online and think I'm gearing towards buying a used one. I found a 2005 Rubicon do $17k that has some after market stuff on it. What you think of price? Think I will probably add the hard top to it because I live in a rainy area. I'm not going to do a lot of off roading more to and from work and weekend trip to coast or mountains.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2012 Sahara
My new 2012 has power to spare.(285 hp)
Im only a weekend warrior ....logging roads, a little mud and small creeks to cross getting to my fishing spots.
I got the sahara, lots of goodies, rides great and lots of power to get me there.
That sound like would I'm looking for. I like having all the bells and gadgets and want to be comfortable when rolling around. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Looking at buying Wrangler ..