Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

look what I came across today at work.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of departments apply for grants and it helps keep the budgets down so your local taxes don't go up. Also when it comes to Government pricing, it's very discounted. So be Pissed, but if
You kid got lost in the swamp.....
Time is very important.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgaspard
Tax payers dollars at work.
This comment always cracks me up. When ever police do anything, it gets met with negative feedback. However, a fire department can spend 2 million on a boat (true story) and people will celebrate. Nothing against fire departments, just and example.

Additionally, Im sure this jeep cost almost the same to outfit this jeep as it does most other police vehicles, however; this jeep will take the abuse of the rough terrain that this guy patrols daily. So in the long run, it may save "tax payer dollars."

Lastly, you would be surprised how many specialized vehicles for emergency responds are bought off of grant money.

Sorry for the rant, but that statement gets old.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by B 1000
This comment always cracks me up. When ever police do anything, it gets met with negative feedback. However, a fire department can spend 2 million on a boat (true story) and people will celebrate. Nothing against fire departments, just and example.

Additionally, Im sure this jeep cost almost the same to outfit this jeep as it does most other police vehicles, however; this jeep will take the abuse of the rough terrain that this guy patrols daily. So in the long run, it may save "tax payer dollars."

Lastly, you would be surprised how many specialized vehicles for emergency responds are bought off of grant money.

Sorry for the rant, but that statement gets old.
+1 agreed.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

I personally asked the officer how he managed to score such a cool ride. His response was you need the right tool for the job. Besides it actually saved money on a trailer and tow rig. They had a choice of a buggy or a equipped jeep. I applaud his boss for asking the guy in the field what he needs to do the job.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I want one. it would be fun to screw with a few friends on the trail if they didnt know I was coming

Quick Reply: look what I came across today at work.