Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

look what I came across today at work.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo15
Out of topic but do we have a Charlotte / Lee / Collier group? I've been lookin for jeepers in the area...
Check out Caloosa Jeepers. Just joined last week and went with them for a ride Saturday in Lehigh
. Seem like a good group of Jeepers.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like I found my next LEO Agency to apply to
Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

That us pretty ridiculously awesome!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

If I was paying taxes in that district I would be pissed to see that thing. The Border Patrol Jeeps have mild mods to make them more durable to survive working in the desert. This thing is just a guy ordering toys on someone else's dime. There is no way you can justify anything over 33" tires, those flairs, or the most expensive bumpers.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

May not be tax payer's money. Some jurisdictions allow the puchase of take home vehicles of any type as long as it is within a specified $ amount. The officers are then allowed to equip them as they wish with their money.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GR09RUBI
If I was paying taxes in that district I would be pissed to see that thing. The Border Patrol Jeeps have mild mods to make them more durable to survive working in the desert. This thing is just a guy ordering toys on someone else's dime. There is no way you can justify anything over 33" tires, those flairs, or the most expensive bumpers.
These guys aren't patroling the desert, they are out in typical Florida terrain, swamps, rivers, the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. They have airboats, big swamp buggies, ATV's, in-shore and off-shore boats and everything/anything else needed to patrol their districts. They have a great web site if you are interested. myfwc.com
Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe it was confiscated from big Cleatus running meth in the swamp.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Many times, that is exactly how pd's get nice rides, and I wouldnt be surprised if thats how this Jeep was gotten. As a matter of fact, the FWC gets many of their buggies, boats and vehicles through forfieture from illegal activity. In my opinion, it also sends a message to kids that law enforcement can be a fun job with cool cars/ boats etc to drive. In Palm Beach County, they have a unit for patrolling woodlands and parks, and those guys drive F-250's with 6" lifts on 35's or 37's with full winch systems. I think its great when they take some doper's car, and convert it to city or state usage.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradlybob
Maybe it was confiscated from big Cleatus running meth in the swamp.
This is what they used to run Big Cleatus down with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FWC 1.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	271911

Last edited by kaptkrappy; 01-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

My buddies dad is FWC in Pasco FL. We have many lakes, swamps, heavily wooded areas where these guys have to patrol. Almost every person he runs into while on the clock is armed, its not an easy job. All of his rides over the past 20+ years have been sick vehicles/boats/atvs/ect that have been confiscated from illegal activity.

Quick Reply: look what I came across today at work.