Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Look Ma No Fenders

Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake-jk
So the fitment is normal on all of those flares
From what I understand, there is a very minor difference in fender shape between a 2 dr and a 4 dr. It seems stupid but i dont see the poor fitment on the rear fenders on a 2 door. Maybe it was just the pic I saw but they seemed to fit nicely on a 2 door
Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Harper
TrailMods do run a little higher than other flares, but you do get two sets for flares for that price. Also, you will save money over time because you can buy replacement parts individually (instead of being forced to buy the entire set), or you can remove the outer flares on the trail to avoid any damage to the flares.

Plus, if you don't need tire coverage to be street legal you can just purchase the inner flares which look great by themselves!

Attachment 269391
Bob is that a picture of just inner flares? If so, could you pm me with a price quote on only those shipped to ohio. Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nateb

Bob is that a picture of just inner flares? If so, could you pm me with a price quote on only those shipped to ohio. Thanks!!
Ditto. Love not having fender laws
Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DIRTNROCKS
Ya maybe for like 500.00 I would be game, after all it is plastic that is going to fade in two years. Like I Had posted they look SICK. I would sport them for sure if you gave them to me. I wheel every other weekend and meet lots of new people so feel free to give me a set and some stickers and i will promote your product on the trails.
Again great idea and great product.

MY THEORY is that manufacturers of JK products have the idea that being we can afford to buy a new JK we should get ripped off on any new aftermarket product for it. I can get a rear bumper with a tire carrier for a yj for under 400 bucks try finding one for under 800 for a JK. The bottom line is we already paid WAY TOO MUCH for our JK so we can’t afford to get over charged for stuff everywhere else. I am a working man not a millionaire…

dP

I'm right there with you on how crazy the prices are on some items. If a few of these companies will drop their price a little, MORE people could afford them and they would sell MORE product. Perfect example is the bumper you mentioned, fender flares are just another example.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately we have fender laws in Utah. Here is pic of mine just before I installed some aftermarket flares. Love how it looks without the flares on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	275
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	275219  
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nateb

$450 on quadratec. Still nuts....
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Okay I figured I would show the benefit of flat fenders.
Front fender

Cut and in place

Rear, Before I thought to take pictures so just got a few on the dark. This will give you the idea of travel you pick up. Seriously of you want a LCG rig you can probably run 33’s with no lift if you put flats on… Has to be about 4"

Cut and in place

Last edited by DIRTNROCKS; 02-07-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey dirtnrocks, do you happen to have a photo from the rear? I want to see how wide they are where they meet the rear bumper
Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
Hey dirtnrocks, do you happen to have a photo from the rear? I want to see how wide they are where they meet the rear bumper
Too poor to buy a rear bumper so I run without one. 35s and a 4” lift rubbed the ends of the stock bumper so it had to go. Hope this helps

Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dirtnrocks, thanks for the pics very helpful! i also have silver but 2dr and plan to run no bumper, im cheap and actually like the look of no rear bumper, evo makes D-Rings that go in place on both sides, i think a set is about 150.00 bucks. thinking im going to go that route. do you have a tire carrier or do you use the stock one and how is that holding up with aftermarket wheel and tire? thanks again for the pics!!

Quick Reply: Look Ma No Fenders