Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Look Ma No Fenders

Old 01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I love the price, but personally I dont think I could ever get over the poor fitment. It would drive me nuts.
For me it is not a daily driver but a weekend trail and family expedition vehicle. Not only am I building this on a budget but Personally for me I would feel pretty bad about Scratching a fender that was $800. Or chipping the finish on a bumper that was a $1,000.

I just felt it my duty to post the bad fitment for someone else that was looking into some fenders and does not share my same feeling. If you notice on Smittybilts website they do not show any good pictures of the rear three front photos but one on the rear.

Not sure if I posted it or not but I emailed pictures to a rep and R&D got back and said that the fitment would not perfect…. I guess when you find cheap stuff made in CHINA I knew what to expect.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIRTNROCKS

For me it is not a daily driver but a weekend trail and family expedition vehicle. Not only am I building this on a budget but Personally for me I would feel pretty bad about Scratching a fender that was $800. Or chipping the finish on a bumper that was a $1,000.

I just felt it my duty to post the bad fitment for someone else that was looking into some fenders and does not share my same feeling. If you notice on Smittybilts website they do not show any good pictures of the rear three front photos but one on the rear.

Not sure if I posted it or not but I emailed pictures to a rep and R&D got back and said that the fitment would not perfect…. I guess when you find cheap stuff made in CHINA I knew what to expect.
So the fitment is normal on all of those flares
Old 01-28-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jake-jk
So the fitment is normal on all of those flares
The way I took that would be a yes. Are they all as bad as what mine were I don't Know. a 1/4" gap no big deal. a black or dark blue jeep probably no big deal but a white, silver, red etc your gonna see it. If you are thinking abot getting a set start a thread for pictures. i know someone else made a comment that is what they have. i am sure there are others that have them too.

Danny. I willt ake some better daylight ones and post if you start it.

Danny
Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Double post. Sorry about that.

Last edited by jeepersjeep; 01-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepersjeep
I just chopped mine. Now, no more popping them off on the trail and the best part is it is free!
What bull bar is that
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

I just chopped mine. Now, no more popping them off on the trail and the best part is it is free!
But I sure like the looks of those you got. I may have to upgrade soon.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Thats a bad ass jeep you have there. I normally don't like those front bumpers but i love it on yours.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Very Nice Rig!

I had mine taped off and ready to do that but they are silver being a sahara and was not sure how it would look and could not find any pictures of this done to my style.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DIRTNROCKS
Very Nice Rig!

I had mine taped off and ready to do that but they are silver being a sahara and was not sure how it would look and could not find any pictures of this done to my style.
I think you went the right way. Those are much better than the cut off's ,imo. I'm thinking I'm going to save up for some like yours! My wife told me to tell you thanks for posting. lol
Old 01-31-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I think you went the right way. Those are much better than the cut off's ,imo. I'm thinking I'm going to save up for some like yours! My wife told me to tell you thanks for posting. lol
Ya no problem. that is why these forums are so great.

DP

Quick Reply: Look Ma No Fenders