Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Long overdue pics of the new lighting

Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look great. Headlights are super bright.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ..::Ryan::..
Why do people blur out their License Plates? It's not like when you drive down the road there is a big white block over your license plate is there? I'm just trying to figure this out...
I know it really isn't that big of a deal. My home phone number is published in the phone book for anyone to read as well, but I don't post it all over the internet. With all the scams and identity theft these days I'd rather be safe than sorry I guess.

Originally Posted by t&k2008jk
On a second look maybe it's low enough.

Everything else looks awesome though!

Are you able to see better inside the jeep with those dome lights? Sometimes it seams like LED's are great and other times it seams like they make things harder to see. Whats your thought?

Thanks! The dome lights are "whiter" than they look in the pictures. It's definately easier to read things and look through the console at night. The light is more comparable to a fluorescent bulb vs an incandescent bulb. It just takes a little getting used to. As far as the gps mount goes, I don't think it will be an issue. I bent it towards the driver a good amount so it shouldn't get in the way of the airbag.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

What did you replace your fog lights with and where did you order your Cibies from? I love how the head lights and fog lights look. Awesome job
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chicagoV12
I don't get on here much, but I've done a lot of work on the jeep over the past few months so I thought I'd share. This is my second JK, an '08 Sahara in steel blue. I replaced the turn signals. sidemarkers, brake lights, and back up lights with LED's. I also wired in four resistors (1 per bulb) in the turn signals and brake lights. The headlights were swapped out for Cibie's with 55w 6000k Hi/Low HID's (H4). I wasn't a big fan of the orange sidemarker and turn signal lenses so I swapped them out with clear ones. The two interior dome lights were replaced with strips of high power LED's. They took a little trimming to get a good fit, but overall the install was very easy. The car also has 1.5" spacers all around. Apologies in advance for the mediocre pics.

Lights

Spacers

Interior

GPS mount
You are the JK lighting GURU! Please post pics of the beam pattern at night! I gotta see how those cibies are handling the HIDs! I've been so curious about that setup!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely would like to know how the HIDs are in the Cibie housings.
You need to do fog HIDs now as well.
Originally I was going to do that, bu the Osram 85/80 bulbs were terrific, and now the Hella Yellow Star 130/100 give the same lighting with a yellow tint, which makes it an excellent all weather / off road setup.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 AM
JK Jedi

Good job!!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good !!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. The foglights are HID's as well. I'll try to get some shots of the beam pattern tonight.

Brights!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

your Jeep looks good

where did you get those clear side markers from
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Nice looking Sahara. I like the LED's, the LED's and my budget just dont coincide.

Quick Reply: Long overdue pics of the new lighting