Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

LoD Signature Rear Bumper Tire Carrier w/Rack & Jerry Can Mounts

Old 06-11-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3
What's the difference between the LoD Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper Tire Carrier and the ordinary Rear Bumper Tire Carrier besides being $200 more???

Old one: http://www.4x4xplor.com/lod/proddeta...-JK-REAR&cat=2

New one (WOL just installed): http://www.4x4xplor.com/lod/proddeta...SIG-REAR&cat=2

They look identical to me.
I think the lights are a big enhancement and the styling is a little improved in my opinion. I like how the sig. series wraps around and ties in with the fenders more. I do agree that they are similar and I struggled with which one to buy. Ordered the original first and then the next day I cancelled and ordered the sig. series.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

any one know if these are availible now in stock or is there a buy first then build?

thanks,
Ken
Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bondkx01
any one know if these are availible now in stock or is there a buy first then build?

thanks,
Ken
I ordered about two weeks ago and was told about 3-4 weeks before it would ship and 3-5 days transit time (this was for both the original and sig. series)
Old 06-11-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chucktuna
I'm so pumped!
Just got my fed ex tracking info and mine should be in my driveway when I get home tonight.....as long as non of you homos touch my stuff...
I've been waiting about 3plus weeks, Looks like it'll be worth it

chuck
.....as long as non of you homos touch my stuff

Lighten up Francis,...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I've had a lot of requests from people asking to see what the new LoD Signature rear bumper looks complete with the trail rack and gas can mounts. And, for all of you, I just them installed on my JK and here's what it all looks like...

For those of you who are interested in getting an LoD Signature Rear Bumper for your JK, they can now be purchased at: 4x4xplor.com

WOL,

How much does that rattle in bumps around town and off road?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear

Not only are you trying to hypnotize WOL
into driving all the way to NC, and giving you his rear bumper, but you want him to install it also???

Wow, you're harsh man!
WOL hasn't responded yet. He must be in his Jeep on the way here! Yippie! Hopefully the swirly effect will last long enough. He may get on the 405 and snap out of it!

That bumper is sweet. Just when I had convinced myself of the Expedition One rear with tire carrier, LoD comes out with something like this! I should have bought a Hummer, then I wouldn't have all these choices. Chrome only. Eh. No.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL JEEPIN
Where does it mount X2? Pics would be real nice.

There are two bolts welded onto the back of the tire carrier. The Hi-Lift jack mounts vertically directly behind the rear wheel in the center of the tire carrier. The bolts are highlighted in red i the picture, sorry i dont have a hi-lift yet to show how it mounts.

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1594.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	9981   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1595.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	9982   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1593.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9983  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan
WOL,

How much does that rattle in bumps around town and off road?
Around town and over speed bumps i have absolutely no rattles what so ever. I will be hitting the trails on Friday for the first time with the bumper on so i'll let you know how it does....but my guess is that it will not rattle. The fit between the tire carrier pin on the bumper and the tire carrier rack is really tight, so it will not rattle, and the latch is adjustable for tightness so if it does loosen up in time you can tighten it down more.

Chuck
Old 06-12-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

how long did you have this bumper on before you took it off and put your beloved PureJeep bumper back on?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FL JEEPIN
Can you mount a Hi-lift on it?
yes - i will try to take some pics of this today.

Originally Posted by jakebsellin
Hey Wayoflife,

I'm looking at this rear bumper as well. Question...Is that gap normal on the rear or is it from a body lift? The bumper looks like it's sitting lower on ths body.
i have a body lift on my JK.

Originally Posted by kidjeep
I know WOL has BL so I assume that the gap is due to that and not normal.
yup, what he said

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
How is the build quality?

Fitment?

Ease of use?
this bumper is significantly nicer than the previous rear bumper and if you've seen one of them up close, they were pretty nice as well. the biggest improvments on this bumper is in the finish and fitment. of course, it is also very easy to use.

Quick Reply: LoD Signature Rear Bumper Tire Carrier w/Rack & Jerry Can Mounts