Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

LOD mid front bumper installed

Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD mid front bumper installed

I used this as a guide. I changed some things.

You might want to have deep sockets for this, the ones I had couldn't get on all the way with the factory bumper.

Once I took off the factory bumper I lengthened the fog light wire, I didn't want to spend more time than needed under the jeep. Also you need to drill a 1/4 inch hole for the fog lights so they will fit over the bolts on the LOD bumper.

The winch plate bolts to the range rails also on the inside. I put that on before the bumper but just used my hand to tighten it so I could move it.

Make sure someone is holding the bumper when trying to get the bolts on, I had the bumper fall off the frame rails, land on my hand, abs and ribs. I lucked out just a little sore.

When you are tightening the nuts on the bumper also have an 5/8" wrench on hand to keep the bolt from spinning.

I will be going back this weekend and adding the winch, and also adding lock tight to all the bolts/nuts.

ETA: I did with this on also

Last edited by 2000Z3M; 05-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to say that I was feeling a bit underwhelmed with the OP's pic... maybe it's the photo quality... but the follow-up from TripleJeep_99 made me realize that bumper is only responsible for 50% of the pucker factor. The other 50% of the mean look is coming from the tires... winch... lights. I need to open a separate savings account for mods.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coley
I have to say that I was feeling a bit underwhelmed with the OP's pic... maybe it's the photo quality... but the follow-up from TripleJeep_99 made me realize that bumper is only responsible for 50% of the pucker factor. The other 50% of the mean look is coming from the tires... winch... lights. I need to open a separate savings account for mods.
It does look blah, but i hope when the skid plate and winch get on it will help.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Congrat's 200Z3M bumper looks great, even without the winch. Did you need to extend the wires for the lights? I'm hoping to replace my oem next year with a mid (either lod or shrock) and with northridge vending these now I may go this way also.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
It does look blah, but i hope when the skid plate and winch get on it will help.
Don't get me wrong - I love the bumper! I just realized it's going to cost a few extra bucks to get mine done up the way it should be.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Congrat's 200Z3M bumper looks great, even without the winch. Did you need to extend the wires for the lights? I'm hoping to replace my oem next year with a mid (either lod or shrock) and with northridge vending these now I may go this way also.
Nevermind, I re read your post.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Looks good man, congrats, hope the cast comes off before summer too
Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys, the cast is off tomorrow!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

installed mine last saturday, love it so far, installed winch on monday as well

Quick Reply: LOD mid front bumper installed