Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

LoD Bumper installed

Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Bumper installed

So...

Yesterday I took the time to install my new LoD Offroad front bumper. I ordered it from 4x4Xplor and installed it using Eddies installation guide at Project-JK.com. Everything went smooth and I also installed my Skyjacker steering stabilizer at the same time which was a 15 minute job. Pics are below, enjoy!

Also, while taking the bumper off I noticed I had a cracked foglight... my first battle scar! I dont even wanna know how much a replacement assembly is.

I went to Agricultural Supply & Tractor Supply Co. yesterday looking for shackles to fit but they only had 3/4" (7/8" pin dia.) ones, so I ordered some 5/8" (3/4" pin dia.) on ebay.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Looks good OJ. I like the LoDs. Pretty easy install too.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have that same bumper and I put 3/4" shackles with a 7/8" pin on it...they were a little tight but a good fit
Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

nice work really like the look and you cant beat the price
Old 04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

The bumper looks great on your JK. I've been considering this bumper as well. The only thing I noticed in the first picture is that it looks like there are two dimples on each side of the shackle mounts. It kind of looks like they welded on shackle mounts that were intended to be bolted on. They must have smoothed them down or filled the holes, but not enough to make them invisible. Am I on the right track here, or am I just seeing things in the picture that aren't really there? I would really be interested to know, since I am considering this bumper myself.

Last edited by jckid; 04-02-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jckid
The bumper looks great on your JK. I've been considering this bumper as well. The only thing I noticed in the first picture is that it looks like there are two dimples on each side of the shackle mounts. It kind of looks like they welded on shackle mounts that were intended to be bolted on. They must have smoothed them down or filled the holes, but not enough to make them invisible. Am I on the right track here, or am I just seeing things in the picture that aren't really there? I would really be interested to know, since I am considering this bumper myself.
I think the dimples are the back side of the bumper mounting studs not the shackle mounts.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks to me like its darker than the fender flares. Is that just the photo?
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
I think the dimples are the back side of the bumper mounting studs not the shackle mounts.

I think you are right. After looking at the pictures again, I can see that there are four mounting holes on each side of the frame. They seem to line up with the dimples on the bumper. It seems odd that they wouldn't have made them a little more invisible.

Quick Reply: LoD Bumper installed