Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

lod 3rd gen linked!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by totdoc
do they make a linked version of the shorty?
nope. not yet at least...i think it has to o with where the swing arm is in relation to moving with the tail gate...apperently they "might" be rnd'ing one right now...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

damn... i really thought the shorty was linked as well but after looking more closely i guess its not back to the drawing board i guess
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkfanatic
damn... i really thought the shorty was linked as well but after looking more closely i guess its not back to the drawing board i guess
Ya...see if Lod made their shorty linked...I would have don't bushwacker flats and the rear shorty linked and stubby aev front. But instead I did regular flares with arb front and fullwidth rear
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 PM
JK Junkie

pics, high quality, finally!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00912.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	194127

Name:	DSC00876.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	194128

Name:	DSC00900.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	194129

Name:	DSC00891.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	194130

Name:	DSC00887.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	194131
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks real nice!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

So good news! They DO make a linked version of the shorty - you just have to call LOD directly to order it. The bad news, though, is that the linked version can't handle as much weight on the carrier as the unlinked version. If you want arms to carry your gas cans, you can only get 1, not 2...and forget about the trail rack! The reasoning behind this, as it was explained to me, is that all that weight is held in place by the stock latch on the linked version, and it is not very robust. It was only designed to hold the weight of the stock wheel. Because of this, they have to limit the weight on the tire carrier on the linked version. After much deliberation, I ended up ordering the non linked version so I could use all the offered accessories for the bumper. And yes...I did cry a little inside when I finally made that decision. But if you don't want/need all the attachments for the bumper, the shorty linked IS available.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by totdoc
So good news! They DO make a linked version of the shorty - you just have to call LOD directly to order it. The bad news, though, is that the linked version can't handle as much weight on the carrier as the unlinked version. If you want arms to carry your gas cans, you can only get 1, not 2...and forget about the trail rack! The reasoning behind this, as it was explained to me, is that all that weight is held in place by the stock latch on the linked version, and it is not very robust. It was only designed to hold the weight of the stock wheel. Because of this, they have to limit the weight on the tire carrier on the linked version. After much deliberation, I ended up ordering the non linked version so I could use all the offered accessories for the bumper. And yes...I did cry a little inside when I finally made that decision. But if you don't want/need all the attachments for the bumper, the shorty linked IS available.
dangit! i wish i knew this =( i would be rocking bushwacker flats and a lod stinger up front...o well, live and learn i guess. and i want protection of the full widths since its mostly a dd. and i wanted gas cans because they look cool. but when i wheel here i dont ever need more than one tank of gas. ugh...thanks for the info tho
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

After speaking with Chris (LoD) I changed my order from full linked to regular full. After understanding how linked relies on the stock handle/latch I understood why they limit the "accessories" in that version.

Anyway, I imagine they are both great and I would have been happy with either! Just installed the LoD sliders yesterday (like em). Have the lod mid front.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKPier
After speaking with Chris (LoD) I changed my order from full linked to regular full. After understanding how linked relies on the stock handle/latch I understood why they limit the "accessories" in that version.

Anyway, I imagine they are both great and I would have been happy with either! Just installed the LoD sliders yesterday (like em). Have the lod mid front.
i love my linked rear. honestly tho...it isnt 100% rattle free. if i hit a pothole on the highway it shakes a little. but there are no annoying rattles coming from it. but it doesnt have a latch keeping it steady...

Quick Reply: lod 3rd gen linked!!!