Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A little lift here

Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1ke07jk
From this stock x

To this.... Installed my TaraFlex 2.5" BB, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, and 33" Dakota M/T's this past week.

Nice job! I'll add my vote also for the factory wheel look. My first TJ back in '97 had the factory steelies, and I thought it looked great. I like those tires on those wheels. You might as well get all the miles out of them you can. Like you said, light, cheap, easy to clean...why not?
Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

I live on N Freeman near OP high school. Where abouts do you wheel? I've been to Whispering Pines, Copper Ridge, and Rausch Creek.
We usually make a trip down to Rausch Creek once a month with guys/girls from the Commander Forum, JK Forum and Wrangler Forum. I dont think were heading down there this month, but some of the guys are going Halloween weekend. I wont be able to attend since have have to play Army that weekend but if you want to go your more then welcome.

As for locally, there are a few trails that I know of that are usually muddy and fun to mess around in with the Jeep. Lately we have been going down towards angola/silvercreek (25-30 minute ride from my place) where there is a trail with a bunch of mud holes and usually muddy as hell. Its right next to cattaraugus creek. I also know of a few smaller trails in the OP area that are usually fun to go to after it rains a couple days.

Where is Whispering Pines and Copper Ridge located?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
We usually make a trip down to Rausch Creek once a month with guys/girls from the Commander Forum, JK Forum and Wrangler Forum. I dont think were heading down there this month, but some of the guys are going Halloween weekend. I wont be able to attend since have have to play Army that weekend but if you want to go your more then welcome.

As for locally, there are a few trails that I know of that are usually muddy and fun to mess around in with the Jeep. Lately we have been going down towards angola/silvercreek (25-30 minute ride from my place) where there is a trail with a bunch of mud holes and usually muddy as hell. Its right next to cattaraugus creek. I also know of a few smaller trails in the OP area that are usually fun to go to after it rains a couple days.

Where is Whispering Pines and Copper Ridge located?
Whispering Pines is located near the Daren lake area. I forget the exact location, and Copper Ridge is a Quad park that opens on occasion for us ORV's down near Olean. WP is small and just a bit muddy, very few rocks and mostly just simple trails. Nothing too exciting. I'll be heading to RC in the beginning of October for JK Fest, but would love to make a trip with you guys maybe in November if its still open. If not theres always next year!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you rotate those definity m/ts. I had them on my ranger, good off road tire for the price...but they wore like HELL. Couldn't get them in balance and didn't really rotate them. They howled like a banshee after 20k miles.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Make sure you rotate those definity m/ts. I had them on my ranger, good off road tire for the price...but they wore like HELL. Couldn't get them in balance and didn't really rotate them. They howled like a banshee after 20k miles.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to set a reminder on my phone or something because I'm terrible at remembering to rotate my tires. I went cheep this time, but I suspect by next year I will want 35's and will have the money to make it happen. Did you notice any other problems with this tire?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the look of the factory wheels. I would have kept them if they were wider. But them being 7" wide was causing my tires to wear down the center real bad. So I got the 8" steelie pro-comp's. I still like the way it looks. But sometimes I miss the factory wheel look.

Your's looks great BTW!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

looks great man nice work
Old 09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Whispering Pines is located near the Daren lake area. I forget the exact location, and Copper Ridge is a Quad park that opens on occasion for us ORV's down near Olean. WP is small and just a bit muddy, very few rocks and mostly just simple trails. Nothing too exciting. I'll be heading to RC in the beginning of October for JK Fest, but would love to make a trip with you guys maybe in November if its still open. If not theres always next year!
Rausch Creek is open all year, however for the winter months they are only open on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

thx for all the compliments!

Quick Reply: A little lift here