Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A little lift here

Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little lift here

From this stock x

To this.... Installed my TaraFlex 2.5" BB, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, and 33" Dakota M/T's this past week.

Looking forward to the East Coast JK Fest!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin good!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default looks Good!

Enjoy!

GO BILLS! So freaking glad they fired Turk. I was crying for them to fire him mid season last year.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Looks great!
I like the factory steel wheel look
Clean
Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like factory wheels of any type. Those steelies up to the 18" saharas.

On my TJ I had 35s wrapped around alloy wheels, decided that was not the jeep I wanted and dropped it down to 2" of lift and put 31" MTR's on the cheepo factory steel wheels. The wheels were tough, light, cheap as dirt, simple, and ez to clean. Your wheels remind me of them. Maybe that is why I keep looking at your jeep. I love it!!!

my TJ after I dropped it down:

Last edited by bigbluejk; 09-04-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job! Did you take the fenders off for more head room? Did you have any problems with the rear TB bracket?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Bigblue and Screamin Lizard. I agree the factory wheel looks great. I'm on a budget right now so I decided to stick with them. Big I love that white Tj Sahara. It looks great!

LOL ShawnJ I just heard the news about Turk. We only end pre-season with an FG for our starters? Things were lookin bleak to say the least. But thats Bills country for ya. We still love em no matter what!!

Thanks for making such a sweet and simple lift Taraflex..... it rocks!!! I have not installed the TB Bracket yet seeing as I'm lookin to order an adjustable TB. Would you advise against not having it installed while just driving on the streets. If I don't have an adjustable by JK Fest time I plan on installing it.

As for the fenders... LOL Yes I removed them for more head room and to make getting the front struts off a bit easier. I have an 07 and 2 winters here in the lans of snow and salt made that task a 1 hour job. I'm kicking my self for not buying some ratcheting wrenches.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

You can never have enough tools in the shop.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Where abouts in OP do you live? I live right across from the Bills Stadium. If you ever want to go wheeling let me know. I usually go a few times a week.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
Where abouts in OP do you live? I live right across from the Bills Stadium. If you ever want to go wheeling let me know. I usually go a few times a week.
I live on N Freeman near OP high school. Where abouts do you wheel? I've been to Whispering Pines, Copper Ridge, and Rausch Creek.

Quick Reply: A little lift here