Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look

Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMarz
Help a noobie out... what is Line-X and how is it applied?? Whatever it is, it looks like it goes on real thick. I'd love to see a write-up on how you did it.

FWIW, I love the look you have. Leave the pillar body color. I think it will look better when/if the doors are off.
Line-X originated as a spray-in bedliner for pickup trucks. It is taken to a special shop and they prep the metal for spray. Once it's prepped, it's sprayed just like a regular paint is applied. It is about 1/8" thick and is tough as nails. It stretches with the elements, it can deal with flex, it's amazing.

In fact, Line-X has been tested by the military against bombs and it not only withstands bomb blasts, but it stretches with the explosion and holds the structure together.

Herculiner makes a DIY kit, Duplicolor makes a spray bedliner, Rhino makes a DIY. Line-X is the best though at a nice price.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

i think they look great. now when you get some dents and dings you can do the entire jeep in it
Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks cool. I say leave the pillar red.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

looks nice man, very creative!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joepile
damn nine pages in a day.... wow

i like the look but its just well lying to me i think you have these sweet half doors but you really dont, why did you lie to me dave why?

i do really like the lines you made
looks BA

Man, you're hilarious! The "why dave why?" thing made me laugh my ass off!

Yeah, nine pages in a day is a lot. It has definitely generated lots of interest, mostly good so it's very cool....
Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
i think they look great. now when you get some dents and dings you can do the entire jeep in it
You are right about that one! Once my paint starts to go I'm going to Line-X all of it. If you do it right, it will come out AWESOME!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
Line-X originated as a spray-in bedliner for pickup trucks. It is taken to a special shop and they prep the metal for spray. Once it's prepped, it's sprayed just like a regular paint is applied. It is about 1/8" thick and is tough as nails. It stretches with the elements, it can deal with flex, it's amazing.

In fact, Line-X has been tested by the military against bombs and it not only withstands bomb blasts, but it stretches with the explosion and holds the structure together.

Herculiner makes a DIY kit, Duplicolor makes a spray bedliner, Rhino makes a DIY. Line-X is the best though at a nice price.
Excellent, thanks..

I see you're a LI native... Any good places to walk and see mods? Wheels, kits etc?? I'm an early adopter of internet, but I still like to see and touch!!

Also, any other local forums worthwhile?? I want to find a set of X or Rubi fenders to swap out for my body color Sahara fenders, and also looking for a local set of black wheels..

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Not to sure on the look, I love the true half door but not real sure on the spray on. You did an excellent job and I would say to keep the pillar red. It would be red if they were real wouldn't it?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
i like it man... battle wagon is the perfect name for this beast you're building.

watch out on that line-x... before you know it you'll have done the entire jeep. (i'm not saying that wouldn't look badass either)

GREAT JOB MAN!
Yeah, I know.... Line-X is like tattoos..... Once you start you always want more

Quick Reply: Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look