Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look

Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
very creative, and you did a good job doing it... I dont care for half doors much so I dont really get it. BUT if it is what you want it to look like, you did a great job duplicating the half door appearance. good execution of an idea, I wish I had the ornaments hanging that it takes to do stuff like that.
Thanks! I knew I was taking a risk because Line-X is pretty much permanent...... Yeah, like I said before, I didn't want half doors but I like the lines that they have. That's what I was going for.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscoDave
Thanks! I knew I was taking a risk because Line-X is pretty much permanent...... Yeah, like I said before, I didn't want half doors but I like the lines that they have. That's what I was going for.
Has the Line-X improved your soud quality at all? I mean less wind/road noise???
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Has the Line-X improved your soud quality at all? I mean less wind/road noise???
You know..... I haven't really noticed but I would think it would reduce roadnoise. My buddy does Line-X at his shop for a variety of reasons. He says that more and more he's doing the insides of trunks so the sound from the speakers will circulate throughout the cabin better. Kind of like Dynamat...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks damn good the way it is, leave the pillar like it is, I like it.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I think it looks damn good the way it is, leave the pillar like it is, I like it.
Thanks! I'm leaning one way one second, the next way the next second..... we shall see
Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting and unique design. I would have just done the whole door and made it harder for trail pinstriping.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah bro, I like it too. But, I would've done the bottom half as well.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 AM
JK Jedi

Nice work.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=07crawler;1032990][QUOTE=DiscoDave;1032647]Alright, I just got this finished today and I'm pretty happy with it. I was looking into half doors but didn't want to trade my full doors or pay thousands of dollars for the factory kind. So, I came up with this idea.... Let me know what you think!

I think it looks GREAT, now for my 2 cents... I think it would look really good if you did the grill also, just a thought. But it still looks good the way it is now. I think I would go with the B piler too to make it all match.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Help a noobie out... what is Line-X and how is it applied?? Whatever it is, it looks like it goes on real thick. I'd love to see a write-up on how you did it.

FWIW, I love the look you have. Leave the pillar body color. I think it will look better when/if the doors are off.

Quick Reply: Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look