Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look

Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumb's up! primarily because the black fender's & wheels make it work. Great Imagination!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never would have thought I would have liked this without seeing the pics. Looks pretty good. I'm impressed.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
I never would have thought I would have liked this without seeing the pics. Looks pretty good. I'm impressed.
Thanks! Mostly positive replies so far. That's always good news
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YOGURT
Go down to your local auto parts store, Duplicolor makes a washable paint called Car Art. Ive used it to see if I would like the wheels on my truck black. After I sprayed it and decided what I wanted to do I just wash it away. Its made so that you can graffiti all over your can then just wash it off.
Oh I'm totally doing this to my coworker when he least expects it.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

saw the thread title and was bracing for fail...

but it's not bad at all.

i'd like to see what it would look like with the top down and no black colored reference.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

this looks really cool great idea man
Old 03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like it, but I would do the B-pillar. I am not a huge fan of half doors, but the line-x looks good
Old 03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb
I like it, but I would do the B-pillar. I am not a huge fan of half doors, but the line-x looks good
Yeah, I was on the fence about the pillar. Looks like I may end up doing it. It would definitely flow better I think.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb
Here's Funwagon's JK with half doors. It's the look I was going for.... His B-pillar is still the same color as the rest of the JK. Still think it would look better in black?

Old 03-30-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is friggen awesome! Especially because the setup you have makes it work... the top, fenders, rain guards, wheels and most of all the color. Well done and good attention to detail to make sure you got the hinges as well.

I would do the B-piller or maybe have someone photoshop it black with the doors off. I saw a thread a while back someone had painted the b-piller black and it looked really good with the doors off but it was a silver Jeep and black and silver go great together.

Originally Posted by DiscoDave
Alright, I just got this finished today and I'm pretty happy with it. I was looking into half doors but didn't want to trade my full doors or pay thousands of dollars for the factory kind. So, I came up with this idea.... Let me know what you think!

Quick Reply: Line-x'd Doors to Create Half Door Look