Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Line-X Stock Fenders

Old 11-06-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X Stock Fenders

I have chopped stock Sahara fenders and I was wondering if anyone has line-x'ed them. My local line-x dude said it wouldn't stick to the plastic, but I think if they were prep'ed right it would do fine. Need some help?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree that it should work if preped right. Hell, plenty on here have use it right out of a can for just about every thing.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thom1879
My local line-x dude said it wouldn't stick to the plastic, but I think if they were prep'ed right it would do fine. Need some help?
So let me get this straight, the Line-X rep said it won't work because it's not designed to stick to the plastic but you disagree? There is a reason he's telling you this and it is because he possesses more knowledge of the product than you do.

Save your time and money and don't bother with it.

If you really must have black fenders I'm sure you can find a set somewhere forsale.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I can tell you that it will work on the plastic from experience. I had my grille sprayed silver to match an it adhered just fine. No problems what so ever. I think that anything can be coated (within reason) just some things may need to be encapsulated as apposed to just sprayed where u want it. Maybe try another rep in the area if u have one. I was considering the same thing with my fenders but haven't decided if I want to keep them. Linex rocks though. I love that stuff.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kkuntz01
So let me get this straight, the Line-X rep said it won't work because it's not designed to stick to the plastic but you disagree? There is a reason he's telling you this and it is because he possesses more knowledge of the product than you do.

If you really must have black fenders I'm sure you can find a set somewhere forsale.
Ignore this. . .gosh

Take it from someone who has used it on plastic. It is way harder to get to set right compared to metal but it DOES work, my front bumper has had it for some time now. Usually takes a couple coats but looks great, trust me, and its strong, ive bounced on numerous boulders and its held fine
Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkuntz01

The line-x guy doesn't have any experiance with shooting painted fender flares so he doesn't possess more knowledge about the product than I do, that's why I wanted to see if anyone on here had any experiance with it. And I don't just want black fenders, they will just get scratched up like how mine are already. I want plastic line-x'ed fenders so they won't scratch on all the Oklahoma trees, but will also just pop off if I hit something solid so it won't get into the body.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcc454
Scuff them up with a pad, shoot them, be done with it. There is paint on the plastic fenders right? Why would the bed liner not stick?

If you are that concerned get some plastic adhesion promoter and shoot that on them before you bed line them....but you don't need it.
That's what I thought, they don't prep down to bare metal on truck beds so if they're preped right I think they should be fine. I found a gatorhyde dealer, the same stuff on the river raider tube flares, not too far away and he said they do bushwackers all the time and they turn out great so I think I'm just going to go with them. I'm afraid my line-x shop wouldn't feel like their ass is on the line if they mess up since they already told me it wouldn't work. Anyone deal with the gatorhyde stuff?

Quick Reply: Line-X Stock Fenders