Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Line-X on my JK

Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! I know I wasn't the first to do this mod, but it's probably the best change I've made to my JK.

My shop charged me on the high end of the spectrum, $850. Dr.McNinja's right, you can find shops (like Rhino Lining in my hometown) that will do the work for $400, but make sure you're informed. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Example: I had a quote from another Line-X dealer that was about $250 less than Line-X Omaha! So why did I go with them when I could have had it done less expensively elsewhere?

In short, attention to detail.
  1. Line-X Omaha stripped the JK for me. They don't spray up to consoles for instance, they remove them. They remove brake and gas pedals. They remove wiring looms. They scuff, clean and prep the work surface.
  2. They used a pneumatic sander and utility knives to excise the myriad layers of irregular caulk and sound deadening material in my JK; while this is mostly an aesthetic matter, spraying over all that caulk doesn't lend it self to as nice a finished product IMO.
  3. After spraying, they dropped a small amount of a liquid agent into various areas in the floor of the Jeep. It was in these areas they drilled small chamfered holes through the body to allow better drainage; what's nice about this is it's custom to your individual JK dependent on lift, rake, etc. (obviously, no two Jeeps sit exactly the same).
  4. After sale service. This is a big shop run by a manager who knows what he's doing. Solid customer service. And he drives a lifted Jeep Grand Cherokee, so he's "one of us" in a manner of speaking. The fact I know his shop will be around for warranty work should I need it is comforting when smaller shops peddling less durable, less expensive truck bed liner services are closing.
Anyway, that's my take on it. Please know, I besmirch no one for spraying over caulk or stripping their Jeep themselves to save some coin. Heck, I've seen a pretty good roll-on job performed by a couple of local guys with stuff they bought at the home improvement store. To each his own I guess.

Cheers,

Sarge
Old 05-03-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is really nice

Now you started me thinking about mine
Old 05-03-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by def9112
That is really nice.
Thank you!

As far as you've gone on your UnLtd, why not? Just think... no more carpet. No more floor mats. Ever.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the texture of Line-X better than most other spray in jobs I have seen. Yours is one of the best tub jobs I have seen so far. Well worth the extra coin in my opinion!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

I think I need to go back to bed. I saw the title of the thread and figured you did the OUTSIDE of the Jeep.

Looks awesome!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Like it...Looks good and dampens sound...KOOL...
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks awesome
Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice! Looks like a quality job.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great did you do the bed rails too? I plan on getting this soon....its going to be a bitch to get my jeep clean though haha...I also wonder how the line-x will look and clean up after days like these
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by opdsgt
Line-X Omaha has had my JK for four days.

http://www.linexpics.com/

I just got it back. The wait has been worth it.

Aside from the aesthetic, toughness, permanence and ease of cleanup, an unexpected byproduct of the modification is much reduced road noise. Gone are the tin can vibrations and loud noises from the drive train.

Here are some photos, hope y'all approve.

Do you know what they did with the oval hole in the sides that's covered with black tape on the B pillar?

Quick Reply: Line-X on my JK