Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The lights are on...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The lights are on...

Just finished hooking up my lights. KC Slimlights on Smittybilt windshield brackets and KC Rally 800's on the winch hoop. Hooked them up and they work! Thanks to everyone on this forum who went before me and posted great pictures and write ups.

I chose to put the switches on the A-pillar and it was a snap, plenty of room, several grounding spots to use, and easy to get through fire wall. I used the KC harnesses, switches, relays, and fuses. Had to splice some wire in and out here and there, but overall went smoothly. See what you think...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they look good, also good job on the switches.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like where you put the switches. Looks good man!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Really nice set-up, that's what I want for my JK
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like it

I want a set though I've never connected up something like this... how hard could it be?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks real good, I've been looking all day for ideas/opinions on the windshield lights. Are the WS KCs 5" or 6". Where did you order them from?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Those are 6" KC Slimlites 130W Long Range on the windshield bracket. I chose Smittybilt brackets because they sit a little more out and down than some others, but clearly just personal preference there. It thought the 6" lights looked good on the windshield, but I went with the 8" KC 800 Rally lights for the hoop. I felt they were similar in size to the headlights and didn't look too big. I looked at a lot of pics on the forum before I decided.

I considered several locations for the switches as well. In the end, I like the look of the switches on the A pillar cover. I only had to remove the side dash panel and the A pillar to complete the job. There's also room for probably 3 more back there when I need them.

I hope my results will encourage those concerned about tackling a lighting project to forge ahead.

Quick Reply: The lights are on...