Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lighting the way with Truck-Lite LED Headlights

Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Lighting the way with Truck-Lite LED Headlights

We recently installed a set of Truck-Lite LED Headlights on Moby and, by popular demand, I am posting up some shots of what they look like at night along with comparison shots to a set of IPF 920H4's.

Here's a shot of what the Truck-Lite LED Headlights look like installed:

Here's a shot we took to purposefully show how only half the LED's are on when set to Low Beams...

These are a side by side comparison shots of IPF 920H4 and Truck-Lite LED up against a wall so that you can see what kind of beam they both put out:

Low Beams

High Beams

We chose to take these comparison shots in a dark alley way so that you could get a better sense of what the overall spread of both are like. Please note that to the naked eye, the actual lighting that both sets of headlights provided did appear to be brighter (way better than stock) but, in the interest of showing how the lights performed more accurately, we purposefully set the aperture and speed on our camera so that you could see where the actual beams of light were hitting.

No Lights

Low Beams

High Beams

Please note that I love the IPF's, they put out a whole lot more light than stock and with a much better spread but, if you can afford a set of Truck-Lite LED's, you will get what you pay for.

To see an installation write-up on these, click on the link below:

Truck-Lite LED Headlight Installation Write-Up

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great comparison! These might be added to the wish list! More money I don't have! lol
Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thank you from me! I have thought of getting some of these when my headlights burn out next just because not only are they brighter than stock, but since they are LED I doubt you would ever need to change a headlight again!

I was just worried that they weren't going to be as bright as stock or something else that would make spending that amount of money painful if you ended up unhappy with the result. But it looks like they are nice and bright, I love the fact that it looks like they have better peripheral coverage than the ones being compared to (those of us in deer territory can appreciate that!) a nice color too!

Last edited by tpm152; 06-15-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are these the 12volt? I heard 24v are available but may only be available to military at this time
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

what should be used for fogs for the closest match in light color/tone?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacJeepMaster
Are these the 12volt? I heard 24v are available but may only be available to military at this time
It looks like the 24v's are available! A TAD pricey, but I bet they are awesome. Might feel a little bad for oncoming traffic though!

hxxp://www.levineautoparts.com/ledheadlight.html

Last edited by wayoflifette; 06-17-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: please don't post links to non sponsors
Old 06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AV8RS3V3RN
It looks like the 24v's are available! A TAD pricey, but I bet they are awesome. Might feel a little bad for oncoming traffic though!

hxxp://www.levineautoparts.com/ledheadlight.html
I'd like to see some pictures of 24v in action
Old 06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like a huge difference in brightness and coverage, might have to upgrade the lights, again.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the comparison.
This has totally decided me to change my lights now. Only problem being got to wait for one of the 4x4 shops here in Dubai to finalise importing these with Truck-Lite. So end of the month hopefully !!
Just a little aside....thanks WayOfLife for the write ups.... also going to go down the Sprint Booster route as well....
Ooooohhh my poor wallet lol
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The look like the provide tons of light, but I wish it was a little more dispersed and not all in the center.

Quick Reply: Lighting the way with Truck-Lite LED Headlights