Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lifted, Locked, and Badazzzzzzzzzzz

Old 04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Blk Dmnd, 35x12.50R17 Toyo MTs...Black Rubicon Unlimited

I just finished my lift and tires. This thing is an awesome sight! I live in the middle of nowhere and everybody stops to check it out, when I go to town...
I just can't stop drooling! I used to look at everyone else's pictures, now I just look at my Rubicon outside!

Black Diamond 3" lift
35x12.50R17 Toyo MT tires
Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers

Thanks to Russredx for all his help and patience!
This lift was nowhere near complete, and it was a long day of fabrication and searching for spare parts to replace what was missing.

The trackbar threads were nearly non-existent, so it took a while to get the heim-joint into it. The rear swaybar links were not painted. The shocks were missing the bushing-sleeves. The instructions lacked good descriptions, had only a few diagrams, and some very wrong torque-specs.

The tires are incredible! They are extremely quiet and well mannerred on the road! Shipped to my house for under $1200 for all four!

Last edited by Rubidozer; 04-05-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Bored....
Old 04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice!!!!! Should have warned you about needing a bib afterwards! I keep my curtains open so mine is just a glance away

So what do you think about how that BD lift rides?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The suspension is pretty nice. A little firmer than the original, but that's what I was wanting... The stock set-up was a little too soft.
I'll expect it to soften a little after the springs relax, but it should be perfect.

Hey, Cablerep, I'm gonna get my wife to take a pic of me, in shorts, next to my Rubi; You better have some dark sunglasses!
I'm even going to wear sandals, cause my feet are even whiter!

Last edited by Rubidozer; 04-01-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Looks great. Very nice rig.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hope you guys have a blast.....take lots-o-pictures for us poor souls that have to work!

I did a little trail riding today in Oaky Woods. So far I've logged 14 miles of trails there but they're mostly mild with a few hills and mud holes. I haven't studied the maps well but I don't think I've covered but half of the trails. I had a co-worker with me and we were on a trail that was obviously made by 4-wheelers when we came up on a fallen tree blocking the trail. My buddy was like, "have fun backing out". I did a couple of quick height guesstimates and said WATCH THIS lol. I keep riding out there hoping to find at least one awesome trail but so far it hasn't happened. There was a big article in the paper today about developers cutting most of it down and building THOUSANDS of houses there which is soooo sad.

And....

I cruised the mall yesterday lol. I was riding by it and "mall cruiser" just popped into my head so I figured why not By the looks I got, you'd think blacked-out is the new bling.

Glad you like the lift, I'm completely satisfied with mine. I don't know if you caught my post in another thread but I called Superlift and talked to them about the problems with the track bar relocation bracket and was assured they haven't had any reports of their brackets causing weld failures. I'm still thinking about taking mine to a friend's machine shop and getting them to strengthen the welds.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Great looking rig and YES we look forward to seeing more pics. I think what you mentioned about standing next to your rig to show the true size of it will be a nice comparison. BTW, how are the tires as far as road noise goes?

Thanks and congrats on your awesome rig~~
Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Luckie44,
I wrote about that.... Here it is:

The tires are incredible! They don't throw rocks! I have a gravel driveway, and every tire I've ever owned threw rocks up into the body. These don't even pick them up off the ground! They are extremely quiet and well mannerred on the road! Shipped to my house for under $1200 for all four!

Hey Cablerep,
I'm going wheeling at Beasley's Knob the weekend after Easter weekend with a few people.... There may be a few JKs there. It's alot of rutted hillclimbs, ledges, and a few rocky trails. More than a few tight turns, and the trails are pretty tight too. You should come with us, if you are free. We're just going to daytrip as it is pretty close to Tellico. About 2.5 hours for us, and I'd guess about 3.5 hours for you... Not sure about that...
Old 04-01-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your Jeep looks awesome. Welcome to the club!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gorgeous JK, man!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good....I'll try to make it! Have you thought about tinting the front side windows?

Quick Reply: Lifted, Locked, and Badazzzzzzzzzzz