Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

lift and tires

Old 07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift and tires

hey, i want to get a 2.5 in lift. but i wont have enough money to get bigger tires for a while. does anyone one have a picture of a 2dr with a 2.5 lift and 29 inch tires? or should i wait till i can afford both
Old 07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Don't put a 2.5 lift with the Sport stock tires, because your Jeep will look like a roller skate

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 07-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KyleReikowsky
hey, i want to get a 2.5 in lift. but i wont have enough money to get bigger tires for a while. does anyone one have a picture of a 2dr with a 2.5 lift and 29 inch tires? or should i wait till i can afford both
i just ordered the teraflex 2.5 lift and all i have for now is the stock tires. i should be able to put some pictures up this weekend. you might as well just do it one piece at a time so when you have the money you dont have to go install everything all at once. thats just my opinion.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats what a was afraid of. i plan on getting tires eventually. but if you get a chance i would like to see those pictures.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

2.5 RC Lift with Stock Tires

Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

If you plan to keep the stock tires on there make sure you do not offroad with it or you will have problems with the swaybar link bolts hitting the rim because ther there is not enough offset you can fix this by putting on wheel spacers...but i always say do it right the first way and get some rims with the correct backspace for kmc xd rims it is -12 mm offset.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
If you plan to keep the stock tires on there make sure you do not offroad with it or you will have problems with the swaybar link bolts hitting the rim because ther there is not enough offset you can fix this by putting on wheel spacers...but i always say do it right the first way and get some rims with the correct backspace for kmc xd rims it is -12 mm offset.
im not really to sure what you mean? i herd wheel spacers wear out your ball joints. but im dont really know what im talking about

Quick Reply: lift and tires