Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Which lift should I get?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lift should I get?

Ok folks, I am finally ordering my lift. I have 2 options from two different shops, 3'' BDS lift for $1250 installed and out the door or 4" Pro Comp for the same price. The guy at the shop said I may run into driveshaft issues with the 4" inch but I have been researching and alot of you are running the 4" lift with no problems. And the other question is. Do you think 33's would be ok on the stock sahara wheels with the 4" I am very skeptical of 35's' because of my 3:73 ratio. Pics of these setups that I am talking about would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey from High Point here

if you are seriously just going to stick with 33's I think you are crazy spending 1200 for a lift, get the tereflex bb and you'll be good for clearance, 33's with 4in lift may look silly. What shop did you get prices from? I dont even know one around here.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Jeepers84
Ok folks, I am finally ordering my lift. I have 2 options from two different shops, 3'' BDS lift for $1250 installed and out the door or 4" Pro Comp for the same price. The guy at the shop said I may run into driveshaft issues with the 4" inch but I have been researching and alot of you are running the 4" lift with no problems. And the other question is. Do you think 33's would be ok on the stock sahara wheels with the 4" I am very skeptical of 35's' because of my 3:73 ratio. Pics of these setups that I am talking about would be greatly appreciated!!
A TeraFlex 2.5" is as high as a ProComp 4". You can run 35's with a TeraFlex 2.5" kit.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Hey man this is a 4" Full Traction Ultimate lift with 35's no new drive lines required or brake lines but had to get spidertrax 1.5" spacers to keep tires from rubbing on lower control arms at maxed over steer.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Nice and I appreciate all the advice. I see everyones point, but I am still up in the air. and to the guy who is from High Point, I re-located to Charlotte, there is a shop here called 4wheel drive center, and Tarheel 4 wheel drive. Anyways, I have a bit of time to make up my mind
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you looked at the teraflex 3"? It rides great, handles amazing, flexes awesome, and the compontents are tough as nails. Oh and they have amazing customer service. Teraflex isn't like most other companies that make lifts for trucks and just happen to make some Jeep lifts too. That is all they make. And the guys that work their use their products and wheel them. That was a major deciding factor when I was shopping. Plus the fact that Teraflex is active on this this board and so helpful. Even if you are not interested in Teraflex products you should call Joe from Tera. He will talk to you about your options and what some of the difference between diferent systems is without cramming Teraflex products down your throat.

I think the Tera 3" fits 35s perfectly:

I will pepsi-challenge its flex and quality against any other short arm kit on the market:
Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
I wouldn't buy a Pro Comp lift no matter what. They have always had a bad rap in my opinion and 4Wheel Parts backs them and they have the worst customer service in the industry.
yeah I would never by any Procrap again and definitely nothing from 4wheelparts, bought my procomp knihgt chrome wheels that didnt match from them and they KNOW that they dont and they wouldnt take them back.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Well say you had $1500 to lift your jeep, including install. What would you do?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I would . .

If I were only going to run 33's I would definately buy the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift Install it myself and put the rest of the cash ($900) you saved towards other mods. I would opt for 35's with that lift. Just my .02 cents (cause you asked)!

What type of wheeling are you going to do?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. It is really ez to put on with basic handtools. Everyone with that lift loves it, and it could fit 35s if you want them later. I think I would use some of the cash you saved and add adj. lower control arms in the front so you can up your caster. It is not needed but it will make it handle amazing. I would get an adj. front track bar too. Then spend a saturday drinking beer and putting it on with a couple friends.

Quick Reply: Which lift should I get?