Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lift party - Currie lift installed - PICS

Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift party - Currie lift installed - PICS

Yesterday WOL and WOLette opened up their garage and home for another lift party! WOL, WOLette, SDMF, OffTopic (and husband Bill), Clackey, Doojer, Doojette, and Rubimon all took part in installing my lift and front axle and hanging out. Some of us did more hanging out than wrenching (ME), but I will definitely pay it forward once my wrist is healed. WOL, SDMF, and Bill did the majority of the work and I want to say I was very impressed with their work. These buys don't mess around. I pulled the Jeep into the garage and it was like a tornado hit it. Within about an hour the stock suspension and front axle were out from under it. The install went together methodically yet efficiently. WOL and SDMF's attention to detail was very apparent. During the install Clackey drove to the auto parts store a couple times for misc. items, and we even met forum member BrianDunning in one of the parking lots (thanks to the stickers on Clackey's Jeep! ) The final outcome is awesome!!! After a tasty BBQ I drove it home. No weird noises or tendencies or even lights on the dash. I have had lifts put on other vehicles and heard stories here on jk-forum, and I can honestly say that these guys and gals did a better job than the so called professionals. Thanks to everyone who joined in!!! I will get some better pics when the sun comes out. I'll shut up now.

WOLette and OffTopic got in there too!

See what I mean by Eddie's attention to detail! This attention to detail was carried over from the lift install as well.

The final product. Pics aren't great cause it was still a bit dark outside this morning.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 02-02-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Jedi Master

Looks great Tim.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It came out awesome! Good job, guys! Great meeting you, Tim.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Looks like it was worth the wait. Congrats!

Now run up to the hills and get some pics of the Currie suspension flexin' since all I can do is look at pics of mine in the warehouse!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!

I know it's early, but let us know what you think about the Curry lift when you can.

BTW,
Please tell me you just bought your JK!!!! Your undercarriage even looks like you could eat off it!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! Does the currie kit require welding, and what shocks did you go with?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joemauma
Looks great! Does the currie kit require welding, and what shocks did you go with?
Yes the front and rear track bar relocation brackets are bolted and welded on which strengthens the sometimes problematic stock track bar mount. It is not much welding. I have pictures but don't be too critical of the welds. I went with Rancho 9000's that are a specific part number for Currie's kit, I got them from Currie.

Front

Rear

Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

What are you doing on-line posting pics?

Get out there and show us how that suspension works!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Sweet, that's a beautiful jeep. I want to get that lift when I get my non-lemon jeep someday. I just wish I could get an install party like that up here in Oregon. What a great group of guys. Let us know how it rides.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually I am not a fan of black wheels since everyone is doing it these days but you really have a good looking jeep. Good stance and overall look. Congratulations! Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Lift party - Currie lift installed - PICS