Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

lift kits

Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You can run a TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit #1251000 or the 3" kit #1256200 for those.
not to hijack but you dont have the RTI scores for the 4 inch handy do you? It has been a toss up between the 4 and 6 inch for me.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knyland
not to hijack but you dont have the RTI scores for the 4 inch handy do you? It has been a toss up between the 4 and 6 inch for me.
Sorry I don't. Check with JPTwinz if he knows the RTI on his. How big of tires do you want to run?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

now what I dont understand though is do I need a long arm kit or can you explain long arms to me
Old 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sorry I don't. Check with JPTwinz if he knows the RTI on his. How big of tires do you want to run?
Most likely 37 for now as it is a daily driver once you guys get the front axle out I would put your 60's on and hopefully 40's. If i do the 6 it would end up being 40's eventually if I do the 4 37's
Old 01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tf7pacman
now what I dont understand though is do I need a long arm kit or can you explain long arms to me
The quick and dirty answer is that short arm lifts are good, but when at full compression and drop the axle will actually move front to back while following the natural pivot point of the arm, thus creating a small amount of course deviation. Long arms reduce the effect by making a much less dramatic shift of the axle. They also drive better on the street.

Don't take me wrong though, regular lifts using the stock suspension mounts work great. Long arms are for people who want to take their jeep to the next level. You can upgrade most short arm lifts to long arms with a kit once yo decide weather or not it is worth the extra $$$$$. If I were you I would start with a short arm lift, wheel it for a while, and then decide what to do.

Quick Reply: lift kits