Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lift install?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lift install?

Just wondering if anybody is having sumone install the lift on their jeep? If so what's the going rate? I got an aev 3.5 dualsport sc lift kit and my buddy is installing it but even he doesn't know what to charge

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about you help with the install and provide the beer and pizza? It'll be rewarding and you'll learn a ton.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing here so take it with lots of grains of salt. I think it would fall under the typical mechanic rate in your area and they reference a book that says x amount of hours to do RnR, going rate here is roughly $100/hr. Typical lift installs take 4-8 hours depending on what is being done and experience level. Best thing to do is acall around a few shops in your area and see what they would charge you and go from there.

Personally, if you are even a little bit mechanically inclined I would do it myself and learn the ins and outs of the system you are installing, it will go a long way on the trail when something breaks. If nothing else Beer, BBQ and help your buddy with the install and learn as much as you can.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:38 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I have hosted some wrenching parties as well as others.Food,beer they all come outPlus you learn alot from those who have the skills.Done a Teraflex long arm in the driveway on a weekend
Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by afpilot82
How about you help with the install and provide the beer and pizza? It'll be rewarding and you'll learn a ton.
This x100 !!!!!! You'll get so much more out of it doing it hands on. I hate to see people pay hundreds for something you can do yourself with another set of hands and some tools.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

I installed my AEV 3.5 SC lift myself and it took about 14 hours, getting ready to do it again and I think I'll be able to do it in about 9-10 this go around. My buddy just had his AEV 3.5 install by a shop who does lifts every day but had never done an AEV, and it took 3 guys 6 hours. If he's a good friend you should help and just buy pizza and beer. If he wants money give him $500. A shop will charge you $800-$1000 for an AEV. Make sure you have the drill bits before you start because you'll need to order the one for knuckle or go to a specialty shop to get it... It's big.

Quick Reply: Lift install?