Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Level 8 ZX wheels with trim rings...

Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Level 8 ZX wheels with trim rings...

The weather has been really nice so the half doors had to go on and the windows had to come out. With the weather finally cooperating I finally had time to paint the trim rings and get them on. I think they look great. Here are some before and after pics. I also included a pic of the rock rash on the rear driver wheel. Tires are pitbull rockers.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire-rear.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	292396Click image for larger version

Name:	back_driver.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	292394Click image for larger version

Name:	tire_side.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	292395Click image for larger version

Name:	driver_side.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	292392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	292393
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Your Jeep looks sick! Rings look great on those wheels. How are you liking the rockers?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Great looking rig -

I have the same rims and my rings are sitting in my garage. I have been looking around on the internet looking at how to paint the plastic rings. How did you do yours?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am loving the rockers.

As to painting the rings, I cleaned them with alcohol to get any oil or whatnot off. After that I hung them up in the sunny empty lot beside my house and primed them white then painted them with 2 coats of "pumpkin orange". Let them dry inside for a week then put 3 more coats on them. The pumpkin orange from krylon is a great match to the crush. On black it comes out too dark and on white it comes out too light. Best color match was black prime with a light white prime on top of it. Took the fewest coats that way. If you prime white it takes 4-5 coats to get the color matched but it is pretty spot on.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bgall
I am loving the rockers.

As to painting the rings, I cleaned them with alcohol to get any oil or whatnot off. After that I hung them up in the sunny empty lot beside my house and primed them white then painted them with 2 coats of "pumpkin orange". Let them dry inside for a week then put 3 more coats on them. The pumpkin orange from krylon is a great match to the crush. On black it comes out too dark and on white it comes out too light. Best color match was black prime with a light white prime on top of it. Took the fewest coats that way. If you prime white it takes 4-5 coats to get the color matched but it is pretty spot on.
Very cool - Thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah, wheels and tires and trim rings were from Discount Tire Direct.

Quick Reply: Level 8 ZX wheels with trim rings...