Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Let's see your Powerplants!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsy

Very happy with the combo of the LoD bumper and power plant.
That looks great dsy, did anybody, who didn't have prior knowledge, notice that your fairlead is off center?

Anybody else got picks of your PowerPlants mounted to aftermarket bumpers?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cajun-jk
That looks great dsy, did anybody, who didn't have prior knowledge, notice that your fairlead is off center?

Anybody else got picks of your PowerPlants mounted to aftermarket bumpers?
I had LoD cut the hole like that to try and center it on the drum of the powerplant. I wish they would have gone a few more inches portside as its still not centered but better.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks good to me, I am considering this setup and was just curious if anybody noticed the alignment on yours?
Old 08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drum is not center on the winch by a longshot, so it stands to reason that the fairlead is going to be off-center if the winch is centered.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:39 PM
-

whats a fairlead
Old 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
The drum is not center on the winch by a longshot, so it stands to reason that the fairlead is going to be off-center if the winch is centered.
I think you missed the point of my question big guy, I know why it's off-center, I was just curious if anybody he knows who is not a member of the forum noticed that it is off-center.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 PM
-

non-members cant reply
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cajun-jk
I think you missed the point of my question big guy, I know why it's off-center, I was just curious if anybody he knows who is not a member of the forum noticed that it is off-center.
I see your point now. I'm actually expecting the same type of questions when I get my Shrockworks mid-width (which also has the off-center fairlead). Not quite as bad though as the comments and questions I got on a truck I had a long time ago with a Lock-rite in the rear end. Not many days passed without someone stopping and saying, "Dude, I think something is busted in your rear end."
Old 08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
I see your point now. I'm actually expecting the same type of questions when I get my Shrockworks mid-width (which also has the off-center fairlead). Not quite as bad though as the comments and questions I got on a truck I had a long time ago with a Lock-rite in the rear end. Not many days passed without someone stopping and saying, "Dude, I think something is busted in your rear end."
That rachet-type sound will really throw them off won't it? I'm very interested to see what your mid-legnth / powerplant setup looks / functions like. In fact I just emailed Shrock Works today:

Let me start off by saying that I really admire your work, which I have seen on multiple rigs on Project-Jk.com. I just sold my 07 Unlimited Rubicon that was outifitted with with a combonation of RE long arm lift, AEV and Mopar bumpers and Warn sliders. Now I have an opportunity to outfit another one, and I'm seriously considering your front bumper and sliders. My questions are as follows: 1) for me, a full/mid-length bumper works better on our trails, so I would love to have some release info on your mid-length piece that I saw on the forum. When and How much? I'm assuming that it will accomodate a PowerPlant as well? 2) I haven't seen any info from you guys on a rear bumper / tire carrier combo. Is this in the works? Any approximate release dates? Any pics or sketches? 3) Do you guys offer any package discounts if the front bumper, sliders, PowerPlant (and maybe rear bumper / tire carrier) are purchased from you? Congradulations on a great product, and even though I haven't done business with your company I know many who have!

Thanks In Advance,
Old 08-05-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caboose
non-members cant reply
Not to be a butt-head, but I wasn't asking non-members, I was asking dsy

Quick Reply: Let's see your Powerplants!